Anyone Have Pro96Com Working With TRX-2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon22

I have the latest version, comm port is set & Whistler radios chosen in Decode Config.
On the radio side, set PC/IF Data Dump to Out, created a 1 site trunked system with the CC and unused talkgroup. Browse to the CC Object.
I fire up Pro96Com and nothing happens. The comm port is tied up with Pro96Com because I tried to use it with another program just to see if it was in use.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon

mikey60

The TRX-2 has to be actively monitoring a talkgroup on the system in question to be able to use Pro96Com with it.

Since there's no analyze function on the TRX-2, this is what you need to do to use the program for decoding:

1. Turn on the CC Dump feature in the scanner's settings menu

2. Create a P25 trunked system with only the site you wish to decode

3. Add a single talkgroup object that will never see traffic to that system (unused talkgroup).

4. Locate the talkgroup object using the browse objects function and press the SEL key to have the scanner monitor that talkgroup

5. Start PRO96COM and start the decode (after making sure the com port and scanner model is correct).

Mike

Jon22

The TRX-2 has to be actively monitoring a talkgroup on the system in question to be able to use Pro96Com with it.

Since there's no analyze function on the TRX-2, this is what you need to do to use the program for decoding:

1. Turn on the CC Dump feature in the scanner's settings menu

2. Create a P25 trunked system with only the site you wish to decode

3. Add a single talkgroup object that will never see traffic to that system (unused talkgroup).

4. Locate the talkgroup object using the browse objects function and press the SEL key to have the scanner monitor that talkgroup

5. Start PRO96COM and start the decode (after making sure the com port and scanner model is correct).

Mike

Thanks, Mike. That's exactly what I have done other than I cannot browse to the unused talkgroup. I'm assuming that's because there is only 1 object in that scanlist. Every other scanlist I have, all with more than one talkgroup will allow me to step through the talkgroups.

Jon22

SOLVED.
Signal is not DFQ here so I had to knock out the squelch.

Bill1426

This is the first time trying this.. I don't see an option for the TRX-2 in the list of scanners. I picked the PSR-800 group. I setup everything I have read (at least I think I have). I have a signal on the scanner, but nothing is coming across on the Pro96com. Com port is set, CC dump is on, PC/IF is set to Out.

Jon22

Even though the TRX isn't listed it's OK to use the PSR-800 group.
Follow mikey60's step by step directions in post 2.

mikey60

The output of the TRX-1 and TRX-2 is identical to the PSR-800 output, so select that option.

The list of compatible models with the PSR-800 would be too long to fit in that pull-down list (PSR-800, PRO-18, WS-108x, WS-109x, PRO-668, TRX-1 and TRX-2).

Mike

mikey60

I'll have to try it and see if there's an issue. As long as the CC dump option is set to PC/IF and the other set-up processes are followed it should work.

Mike

Jon22

I'm sorry to say I couldn't get it to work.. I did everything from Post#2..
I've tried a bunch of P25 sites near me, to no avail...

Have you listened to the CC freq to make sure that it is there and hasn't moved?

Bill1426

I've tried with only the CC freq, and then tried with the CC and Alternate, and then tried with all the freqs in the list from both RR and EZ-Scan Libraries...

Bill1426

Ok, It seem that my TRX-2 is the issue.. I'm not receiving anything on a P25 Phase I, even with a Wildcard. I just sent a contact email to support. Sorry to bother you guys...

budevans

SOLVED.
Signal is not DFQ here so I had to knock out the squelch.

There may be an issue with the squelch for the TRX line. With my TRX-1 I can't receive P25 if my squelch setting is above the 9 O'clock position.

Try turning the squelch all the way down. If you start receiving P25, slowly turn the squelch up until you lose decode. Then keep the squelch setting below that cut off point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.