Anyone have the OCSO channel plan or display IDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
There seem to be quite a few people on here who have access to departmental radios. I've been wondering for quite some time if anyone knows the exact channel plan for Oklahoma County Sheriff's Office radios. We have quite a few of their channel numbers and freqs already in the DB, but there are some gaps. And it would be nice to actually have the displays for the channels as well. I'm assuming from the DB that most if not all channels are in the format of odd-repeater, even-talkaround, but this hasn't been confirmed. Eastern town net has to be in all the radios but no channel is listed. Warr Acres & Bethany are both UHF w/ same PL tone, and Village is UHF, too, so I'd kind of expect them to have those towns in their radios. I'm just curious what all they have access to.

Gilligan

Database Admin
OCSO213 said:
what do you mean by "access to"? I have uhf,vhf,800
By access, I mean what agencies? Do you have all that on one radio (duplex the antennas)? I got a look inside OHP once and he had a custom-programmed radio (besides his official radio) for other agencies. I'm curious if your county radio has other agencies or if you have a separate one for them and what agencies & channels they are.

KK5FM

OCSO213 said:
what do you mean by "access to"? I have uhf,vhf,800
Are you Normal? Sorry, didn't know how else to phrase that. How many OCSO cars have 800? Or are you one of a very few?

Gilligan

Database Admin
KK5FM said:
How many OCSO cars have 800?
Yea, that kind of limits it to 1) city EDACS (not likely), 2) Oklahoma DPS, and 3) Interoperability tac channels. Who else uses 800 for PD around here?

OCSO213 said:
I have uhf,vhf,800
Do you actually use these to talk back to the different agencies or are they primarily to monitor their traffic (receive-only)?

OCSO213

to answer kk5fm no im not normal...tact teams get special treatment.

the 800 is for the state,edmond and norman.....and whom ever else i wanna put in there

it was installed for a transfer of a high risk prisoner to a McAlister court proccedings about 3 years ago...thats all im gonna say about that....

and its is a transceiver

Gilligan

Database Admin
VHF Low-Band Freqs Licensed to OCSO

By the way, does anyone actually use 37.12 and 37.26 ? The DB shows them to occasionally be linked to 460.4125.

Gilligan

Database Admin
davido662002 said:
I thought ocso got a ton of surplus radio's, and they were going to switch to 400 mhz in the future, after they got their new place up and running in MWC.
Ummm, OCSO is on 400 MHz... (UHF)

Back to the original question, Anyone have the OCSO channel plan or display IDs?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.