Anyone Having Problems Picking Up Detroit Police Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wthom100

Hello Everyone -

I have a Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner. All of a sudden my scanner is not picking-up any Detroit police transmissions. Been monitoring the RR forums, and checked my scanner files using the loading software and everything is loaded correctly. Checked the control frequencies and back-up control frequencies and all are correct per RR database.

I listen to Detroit frequencies via Wayne County Simulcast.

Has there been any sort of re-banding or something? Somewhat baffled why absolutely nothing is coming across my scanner (was fine about about 4-5 days ago). Something must have changed or perhaps I inadvertently changed a setting on my scanner.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Happy holidays!!

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if you misspoke but Detroit is not on the Wayne County Simulcast. They are on the Detroit Simulcast. Find site 701 for the Detroit freqs.

kd8ati

Feed Provider
Hello Everyone -

I have a Radio Shack Pro-197 scanner. All of a sudden my scanner is not picking-up any Detroit police transmissions. Been monitoring the RR forums, and checked my scanner files using the loading software and everything is loaded correctly. Checked the control frequencies and back-up control frequencies and all are correct per RR database.

I listen to Detroit frequencies via Wayne County Simulcast.

Has there been any sort of re-banding or something? Somewhat baffled why absolutely nothing is coming across my scanner (was fine about about 4-5 days ago). Something must have changed or perhaps I inadvertently changed a setting on my scanner.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Happy holidays!!

The Detroit Simulcast just changed Control Channels a few days ago, and it was not to one of the ones listed as an alt. Put in 853.5375 as the control channel and you should be able to hear them once again. The RR database has been updated recently to reflect this change.

Wthom100

Thank you both for your responses. I put in the new control number you referenced for Detroit City Simulcast and I am now up and running - can hear all the Detroit police traffic!!

GPP - just to understand (I am still somewhat a novice and still learning) - I had thought I was listening to Detroit police traffic on the Wayne county simulcast. When I look in RR database and pull-up Wayne County Simulcast, the database does present offerings for all the Detroit police and fire. This why I was somewhat baffled as to why it seemed to disappear.

Also, I had heard that the Wayne county simulcast offered better power to cover more of the Detroit metro area (vs. Detroit City Simulcast where I had heard the signal did not travel much beyond the general city borders).

In any event, I am hearing Detroit seemingly okay listening to the Detroit Simulcast so I will continue to use those control channels.

Thanks!!!

gpp10x

Premium Subscriber
The primary users on the Wayne County Simulcast will be the cities & townships west of Detroit. You'll hear Redford, some Livionia, Canton, Wayne, Westland, Inkster etc.plus WC Sheriff, maybe county road commission. If you scan in open mode or wildcard you could possibly pick up some Washtenaw county users. I'm not familiar with the radio you are using but the Detroit system is set up to keep the signal within Detroit. I'm along the east side city limits and have difficulty receiving them. Stating the obvious here but Detroit is in Wayne County. If you look thru the database for the Wayne County talk groups you'll see it's in alphabetical order. The Grosse Pointes/Harper Woods are on the Eastern Consortium of Wayne County Simulcast.

Last edited:

szron

From my experience the only routine dispatch channel allowed on Wayne Co Simulcast is DPD01 Central.

QwKiE

I have been listing to Detroit police on my HP1 for a long time it does not seem to have moved at all. Still shows as MPSCS system Wayne County (82) Detroit police dispatch and so on. I have the latest updates on my HP1.

When I look in sentinel I do see Detroit City Simulcast but when I scan it never shows on my HP1 just see the Wayne County (82) and I receive Detroit there.

szron

MPSCS system Wayne County (82) Detroit police dispatch
Thats the talkgroup section/department (however you wanna call it) under which DPD has their main talkgroups in the database. Since you have regular updates the site change was added to your scanner automatically.

Xray

I noticed they went dead, haven't even turned my HP1 on in months and was baffled by lack of traffic.
Can this control freq be entered manually in the HP1 or does the whole database have to be refreshed ?

szron

The database should be updated by now so a refresh will fix it. If not then just edit the system by hand (can you do that in an HP-1???) and add the control channels. I did that a week or so ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.