Anyone here listening to LAPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandpaFrank

I have been using my 536 for about 2 years now and no matter how many firmware updates I apply "I even rolled back" I am STILL missing the first 2 seconds of 80% of the P25 transmissions from LAPD. I can hear analog fine with no missing audio, it's just the P25 broadcasts that have this flaw. Has anyone else here in the L.A. area experienced this?

I have my whistler 1098 also playing alongside and it never skips a beat. The whistler starts talking a full second and a half before the 536. Sometimes I miss critical information such as location in that 1 and a half seconds. It's very annoying to the point I almost sold the scanner. Any help would be appreciated.

I should add that Ive already tried adjusting the P25 threshold to no avail.

ecarvalho

How about digital wait time? is usually set to 400ms but can be changed to 0.
I can't monitor LAPD from here sorry

ecarvalho

I heard it. Try keeping it on NFM (instead of auto) and changing digital wait to 0.

GrandpaFrank

Thank You for taking the time to try to help. I sometimes wonder if the scanner has a bad tuner. I also notice no one else complains about this. I even tried different antennas. I guess we'll see if anyone else chimes in. Have a great day!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
GrandpaFrank,

{reworded}
Set the channels Audio Type to Digital Only? Set the P25 NAC to 466 each channel. See what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.