Anyone here up-to-date familiar with systems in SE-GA?

kd4e

Anyone here up-to-date familiar with systems in SE-GA?

I've got SEGARRN (Bulloch Cty & others) via trunk-recorder and rdio and am streaming that to several services.

Evans & Tattnall appear to be NXDN - which only DSDPlus can decode - got those (thanks to mtindor) - streaming
them is another project (someone is looking at that).

Emanuel and Johnson appear to be DMR - which SDRTrunk can handle - I'm working on getting those streamed.

Jenkins and Screven appear, at least partially, to be on the MCA system - it's unclear if that can be monitored over the air.

Both also appear to have redundant systems - but the RR database is incomplete.

Anyone know about Jenkins and Screven, please?

Thanks.

kd4e

I used to do work for MCA, Their system can be listened to over air, as for the others, no ideas..
Could you take a quick look at Jenkins and Screven Counties in Georgia and clarify what's happening there?

Is it just Screven that's on MCA, or both?

Do they both also have non-MCA systems as well?

Sure would appreciate the clarification.

Thanks!

BlackhawkCB

KM4TQD
Premium Subscriber
Could you take a quick look at Jenkins and Screven Counties in Georgia and clarify what's happening there?

Is it just Screven that's on MCA, or both?

Do they both also have non-MCA systems as well?

Sure would appreciate the clarification.

Thanks!
im not near those counties to hear anything sadly, if i do find anything ill let you know though.

kd4e

im not near those counties to hear anything sadly, if i do find anything ill let you know though.
I've discovered that a Ham vertical (2/440), sized for repeater use, picks up a ton of stuff. I'm adding a mast-mount pre-amp - which should increase coverage considerably. Sure appreciate anything you can even sort from the RR database.

cruiser612

Premium Subscriber
Emanuel County depts are still analog. Only one digital is Swainsboro PD running NXDN 4800 RAN 1 on 155.01750.
Jenkins County is DMR and RR listing are correct. I monitor both above on a Whistler TX-2 and Uniden BCD260DN & BCD160DN.
Emanuel County is expected to go on SEGARRN in early 2025.

kd4e

Johnson and Emanuel should be streaming online fairly soon. Just working through a couple of bugs in that system. We're trying to document all of the systems in this area ... it's proved to be a bit of an adventure.

gman4661

Hopefully, their first responders have some sort of interoperability on UHF between the three counties. It's my understanding that Burke Co. EMA still has VHF radios in the fire trucks for that purpose.