• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone hiring? - Columbus, OH area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CVPI4Ever

NOTE: Mods, if you feel this is better suited for the Ohio section, then move it. Apologies in advance. I am just trying to get feelers out there.

As some may know, I lost my job (forced to resign) as a result of a harmless thread on this board. I am new in the Columbus, OH and dont know where to look. Does anyone know anyone hiring in this type of field? Please respond by PM. Thanks for all your help guys during this difficult time.

scanjunkie

Premium Subscriber
Forced to resign based on a thread on this site?? Something doesn't sound right there!! If you have hard evidence to document this I would contact an attorney.
I'm from PA and can't help you with your job search, but I just wanted to wish you the very best and please keep us posted on your progress...remember, "Persistence overcomes resistance." So go out there and get the job you want and don't take no for an answer!! Good luck and God Bless!!

CVPI4Ever

The hard evidence is in my personnel file and the thread was deleted by the mods at my request. I will let ya know how it goes. Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts.

MacombMonitor

Sorry to hear that. Good luck to you. Not sure what kind of work you did, but my wife's sister works at Lowe's in the Columbus area, and has been there for several years. She likes it a lot and has been promoted on several occasions.

hoser147

Just googled my handle and It came right up to RR pretty scary, sorry to hear about your situation. What field were you in, if I might ask. Best of luck on finding a new job..Keep your chin up....................Hoser147

N

N_Jay

hoser147 said:
Just googled my handle and It came right up to RR pretty scary, . . . .

Now Google your name and see what you find.

(this is a good reason to keep your "handle" and your "name" separate)

CVPI4Ever

N_Jay said:
Now Google your name and see what you find.

(this is a good reason to keep your "handle" and your "name" separate)
What are you talking about? I googled and It came here.

SLWilson

Google !

hoser147 said:
Just googled my handle and It came right up to RR pretty scary, sorry to hear about your situation. What field were you in, if I might ask. Best of luck on finding a new job..Keep your chin up....................Hoser147
I found that out quite some time ago. I've placed my Amatuer call sign at the end of a few of my posts here. Googled that one day & found EVERY POST that I'd done that on !!!! Steve

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanjunkie said:
Forced to resign based on a thread on this site?? Something doesn't sound right there!! If you have hard evidence to document this I would contact an attorney. ...
Sounds right or not, it apparently happened. In his particular set of circumstances an attorney would just cause him more financial trouble with little or no hope of help. :(

CVPI4Ever said:
NOTE: Mods, if you feel this is better suited for the Ohio section, then move it. Apologies in advance. I am just trying to get feelers out there.
I can't speak for the other Moderators or Lindsay, but as far as I am concerned this thread will work just fine. :wink:

To the rest, if we could please stay on topic, maybe this fellow can start earning a living again. :cool:

N

N_Jay

CVPI4Ever said:
What are you talking about? I googled and It came here.
What I meant was not having your "handle" connected to your real identity as much as possible.

Towpro

CVPI4Ever said:
As some may know, I lost my job (forced to resign) as a result of a harmless thread on this board.
Must of come as a bigass shock !!!!

Hang in there CVPI, better days are around the corner, good luck to you.

mciupa

DB Administrator
I think I have an idea of what happened ...be careful with database submissions , they are
others intellectual property.

Speaking of handles , I'd venture to guess CVPI4Ever means :
Crown Victoria Police Interceptor forever :)

Hope things work out for the best .

Status
Not open for further replies.