Anyone identify this freq 898.1375 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
898.1375 - Sounds like a control channel.
I searched the Ontario database and the forums but could not find a listing for it. Received while in Barrie but it sounds distant. Anyone know what it is?

edit: every now and then the data noise stops and there's a beep. sometimes it's two beeps and occasionally there's one really short quick beep. I've been watching the clock and there is no timed pattern to when the beep occurs. I've searched the entire database and Google and nothing shows for this frequency anywhere. I'm stumped!

Last edited:

hypersight

Sounds like an input freq for a 900 MHz system. Perhaps it's a data channel you are hearing.
Are you sure it's not 898.125? There is a listing for that freq in TAFL.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
Ya I'm sure it's not 898.125?. And I'm fairly sure it's not one of the pager systems.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Just went to my desk and check this frequency. I am getting about 3 bars steady with my 800 MHz beam pointed exactly west from Innisfil, interesting.

Slicerwizard, would it still be intermod or an image if I am receiving it that much stronger then Citylights?
Thanks in advanced
Take care guys

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
CFB Borden?

The digital signal's little interrupting beep is kinda cute, wish I knew what it belonged to.

tonsoffun, Thanks for the report! My Receive was indoor with stock Uniden duckie, Lucky to get one bar.
my curiosity has increased.

Last edited:

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
CFB's are upgrading to MOT VHF only, with the exception of CFB Edmonton and Gagetown, which will be using MOT 800 and MILTrunk as well.

898.1375 is usually tied to a LTR system as a mobile to a 937 base channel. Unless my doc's are wrong.. :)

Maybe you found a brand new LTR system that hasn't been added to the public accessed database. There can be a 30 to 60 day delay..

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Seems to be a telemetry signal coming from the Ferndale water tower in Barrie.

CityLights

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Mike!
A Telemetry for water management would make sense.

That water tower is located on the corner of the Barrie dump property. Last time I was at the dump I noticed two antennas on the waste operations building. One was a VHF folded dipole and the other was a yagi pointed right at that water tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.