anyone in boise

Status
Not open for further replies.

clough

hey anyone in boise that can help me program my p25 handheld scanner please i would appriciate it

michaelmikesj

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot of people that belong to this forum. Idaho is a pretty boring place. I would be more than happy to help you out but I'm in Athol. Maybe you can describe the problem and I can help through the forum.

clough

I am new to the digital trunking p 25 I live in Ada county and having a problem programming my scanner to where the radio transmissions is not all garboled

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I am new to the digital trunking p 25 I live in Ada county and having a problem programming my scanner to where the radio transmissions is not all garboled
If you have a GRE or a Radio Shack scanner, the transmissions that are garbled are probably encrypted and can't be received. Look at the database Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
If the mode for the TG is listed as E, then it is encrypted. As you will notice most of the Boise area Law Enforcement TGs are encrypted.

Dave

michaelmikesj

Encrypted

Yup, Looks like the only thing your gonna get in Ada County is the Fire dept. and some air transmissions. Looks like the police dispatch is digital but the rest is encrypted. Your out of luck if you want to listen to the cops in Ada county. It's funny because Ada county is as boring as Athol Idaho. Wonder why they are encrypted. Must of had alot of extra money to spend on the system, or there was one hell of a good radio systems salesman in town that day.

If you have a GRE or a Radio Shack scanner, the transmissions that are garbled are probably encrypted and can't be received. Look at the database Idaho Cooperative Agencies Wireless Interoperable Network (ICAWIN) Trunking System, Statewide, Idaho - Scanner Frequencies
If the mode for the TG is listed as E, then it is encrypted. As you will notice most of the Boise area Law Enforcement TGs are encrypted.

Dave

SCPD

QRT
I think the reason why we no longer can hear Ada County Sheriff and Boise City Police is because new Ada County simulcast sites listed below. I think the provider of the feed doesn't have the scanner configured properly, otherwise the news media wouldn't be able to hear the radio traffic. There is no encryped main radio channels refering to (Ch 11 and Ch 1) for dispatching police, only for car-to-car-dispatch. And to be honest, the radio traffic on the Sheriff's channel is fairly busy as well as the city channel. We aren't L.A. by any means, but there is still pursuits and hot calls that are dispatched.

Ada county has a pending FCC application to add three additional simulcast sites located at
FAA
BOISE, ID ADA County

STAR SUBSTATION
10769 W STATE ST
STAR, ID ADA County

ADA COURTHOUSE
200 W FRONT ST
BOISE, ID ADA County

Yup, Looks like the only thing your gonna get in Ada County is the Fire dept. and some air transmissions. Looks like the police dispatch is digital but the rest is encrypted. Your out of luck if you want to listen to the cops in Ada county. It's funny because Ada county is as boring as Athol Idaho. Wonder why they are encrypted. Must of had alot of extra money to spend on the system, or there was one hell of a good radio systems salesman in town that day.

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
I think the reason why we no longer can hear Ada County Sheriff and Boise City Police is because new Ada County simulcast sites listed below. I think the provider of the feed doesn't have the scanner configured properly, otherwise the news media wouldn't be able to hear the radio traffic.
Ada county has a pending FCC application to add three additional simulcast located at
FAA
BOISE, ID ADA County

STAR SUBSTATION
10769 W STATE ST
STAR, ID ADA County

ADA COURTHOUSE
200 W FRONT ST
BOISE, ID ADA County
Ada county is a simulcast system where all sites transmit the same thing essentially simultaneously on the same frequency. Each site is licensed for all 18 system frequencies. And since it is a trunked system, any of those 18 frequencies, except the control channel, can be used as selected by the system controller. Multiple transmissions can occur at the same time on different frequencies and transmitted over all sites at essentially the same time.

These three new sites when operational will transmit the same thing as all the other sites. I don't think these new sites have anything to do with your problems hearing the feed.

If you think the feed provider has his scanner configured incorrectly, perhaps you should contact him directly about your concerns. Ada County Sheriff Dispatch Live Scanner Audio Feed
I gather you can't receive the Ada County system without using the audio feed?

kevinbentley

Sorry for the feed problems guys, I've been really busy and haven't checked on it in a while. The sound card went dead -- nothing a reboot couldn't fix, but unfortunately I didn't realize it needed it until today.

Please email me or file a problem report if there are any problems, my email is kevin.bentley@gmail.com

Thanks,

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.