Anyone in DFW are that provides programming services?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardLaMunion

Premium Subscriber
I have the following scanners, cannot figure out how to get the channels I want in them nor the time. I recently moved from Plano to Fort Worth and would like to change all my radios accordingly. Gladly pay someone who knows what they are doing and I can provide a list of the agencies/channels to put them and they do the magic. All responses appreciated.

email --- howardlamunion@gmail.com
M - 214-601-0977

- RS Pro97
- 2 RS Pro 2055
- RS Pro 2052

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have the following scanners, cannot figure out how to get the channels I want in them nor the time. I recently moved from Plano to Fort Worth and would like to change all my radios accordingly. Gladly pay someone who knows what they are doing and I can provide a list of the agencies/channels to put them and they do the magic. All responses appreciated.

M - 214-601-0977

- RS Pro97
- 2 RS Pro 2055
- RS Pro 2052
Hi Howard
Welcome to the Texas Forum

Unfortunately, I'm not in Fort Worth, but more importantly, I don't have (nor have I ever had) any of the models indicated. You might check with Doug (user name here on RadioReference is KC5EIB). He works out out of the Flower Mound Radio Shack, & has always been real helpful as far as assisting people with programming issues on Radio Shack scanners.

If nobody else answers in a day or so, you might also join the DFWScan Yahoo group (if you're not already a member) & post a request over there. Maybe somebody closer to home would see your request.

Note that programming for the Pro-97 & the Pro-2055's can be done with Win97, which is the same software used for the PSR-300 & -400 scanners made by GRE. (GRE also manufactured the 97 & 2055 for Radio Shack.)

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Howard, I'd also suggest the win97 software. It's almost as simple as just typing it in to the software, and win97 comes with a free trial.

Head to our wiki and check out the links for the Pro-97, Pro-2055, & Pro-2052.

The Pro-97 & 2055 are GRE manufactured, and the Pro-2052 is made by Uniden. That being said, the programming steps for the 97 & 2055 are similar (if you got to know them), but the 2052 is a different beast. I have two of them and they are not quite as intuitive as the GREs.

If I was in your area I'd offer help, but I think the best bet is this site (specifically the Radio Shack and Uniden Forums on this site) as well as the DFWScan Yahoo Group.

Welcome to RR, glad to have you on board.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider

M - 214-601-0977

- RS Pro97
- 2 RS Pro 2055
- RS Pro 2052

Sent you an Email.

HowardLaMunion

Premium Subscriber
Really appreciate the quick responses thank you all. Doug I will send you an email back with the info and set up a time to stop by. John I am afraid if I try to hook up Win97 to my new laptop and download everything I might blow it up.... LOL. I am not very technical when it comes to using the Web to program the scanners.

Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.