Anyone in Lucas willing to help a new Pro96 user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmission

Hello,

I just picked up a Pro96 to catch the new digital system here in Lucas county. I have win96 but no PC :( just a Mac :). Is there any kind fellas out there in Lucas willing to clone there 96 to mine? Sure would help me out, and I'd be willing to add a little incentive if desired. :)

THANKS!!!
Justin

Last edited:

newmission

***UPDATE***

I called around to the local Radio Shacks and found the location at Lewis and Alexis had a 96 filled with the local freqs and they'd to mine. So I got hooked up, but noticed there were a lot of freqs copied in multiple banks which required major clean up work. Needless to say, I had to install Win96 on the PC at work and did my clean up, save, and upload. NICE!

This site is AMAZING! I've learned so much to go form a zero user to intermediate in a matter of days!

Still... If anyone has a clean setup and is willing to share let me know!!! :)

Justin

steveh552

I will NEVER use radio shack to program a scanner with their stuff. I bought one there, had them program it, which took them an hour, and when they gave me a sheet with everything they put in it, more than half was totally outdated and the salemen whom I am sure knew nothing about scanners swore that the list was updated and verified correct just the month prior, but then again, i swore OSP was not using the VHF 40mhz as PRIMARY as they stated among other things that was not correct.

newmission

:lol: I like that. Although this RS location had the 96 programed by a member of the local HAM club. Plus I've been matching it with the data list on here and I haven't changed a thing yet. Just swapped what I would rather hear. :)

ROCK ON!
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.