anyone in pinellas have 536hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

Should I use the Speaker out in the back, or use the headphone jack.. (I would like to use the back connection if possible) plus whatever option I need to know what cable(s) I need and another info I may need (I don't want to have a ground loop problem).

mitbr

Should I use the Speaker out in the back, or use the headphone jack.. (I would like to use the back connection if possible) plus whatever option I need to know what cable(s) I need and another info I may need (I don't want to have a ground loop problem).

Yes use the speaker out on the back it is mono and will give the best results.
This scanner uses a BTL audio amp which stands for Bridge Tied Load it is very important to not ground the speaker output which the pc soundcard will likely do. Do not ground the speaker output make sure there is no voltage being sent down the line from the pc soundcard if using the mic input . for a further read on this see the following post where it discussed ad nauseam.
http://forums.radioreference.com/un...er-connection-considerations-precautions.html
Hope this helps a bit.
Tim

Last edited:

mitbr

Now Running St. Pete & Largo with the 536.. Please let me know how it sounds to you!

Im sorry to say it sounds terrible. The audio is too low breaking up and there is a high pitched tone all the time.
Check all your connections make sure you are isolating the ground or you will ruin that scanner.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.