• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone in range of Chicago should listen today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rayjk110

Command was checking in with Citywide1, and CW1 control advised that units were to switch over to CityWide5 for the "event", which is 460.350 [97.4 PL].

Not hearing much traffic at 15:42; I know the TMA's were basically advised to "shut their mouths" on the radio untill the evac. ended.

JnglMassiv

I heard about this last week when it was 'leaked'. Then, I was driving into work this morning and heard about the drill on the radio. Naturally, I had forgotten my scanner. Today would have been a good day, too as I was in the office working on programming the entire time.

Right now (17.30), things are pretty quiet.

R

Rayjk110

Nah, it wasn't anything to get excited about man.

I even had an Astro radio tuned up on them and got zilch along with the A7 Spectra. Not much at all was said, at the end CityWide just broadcasted that the 'event' was over, and that was it.

Status
Not open for further replies.