Anyone in Rockbridge and surrounding areas to check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Well was in Lexington last night and my scanner crapped out. So just had my 8800 ham radio. Had been listening to RSO on it and was turning the freq back to ASO when I ran across something interesting.

I got a digital signal on 454.150 and 454.225.

Since the 8800 is an analog radio I have no idea what kind of digital it was.

Maybe someone in the area could check those out and see what pops up for them.

I wonder if its part of the 454 DOT stuff John talked about being possible out this way.

I haven't picked up anything here at home on those freqs and the signal strength was about half on the radio which would indicate it wasn't in Lexington but nearby somewhere.

Anyway might be worth taking a look at if you're out that way. I picked it up just as I was about to get on 64 at the 55.

Webodisk

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Was was just there last week and db is up to date 460.225 is SO 460.125 is lex pd, from what the folks there say they are going to use current frequencies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Was was just there last week and db is up to date 460.225 is SO 460.125 is lex pd, from what the folks there say they are going to use current frequencies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually they are going to a P25 trunked system by mid-Sept.

I know about these frequencies. I wasn't talking about them at all.

I said I found digital traffic of some kind on two 454Mhz frequencies and since I don't live out that way and can't pick them up I thought maybe someone out that way could see what they hear.

Its 454 not 460 or 453.

Its very unlikely that these two freqs I heard have anything to do with the new Rockbridge P25 system. They might I suppose but its doubtful.

I was wondering if maybe they were John's DOT freqs but not being there I can't really investigate.

Septa3371CSX1

Actually they are going to a P25 trunked system by mid-Sept.

I know about these frequencies. I wasn't talking about them at all.

I said I found digital traffic of some kind on two 454Mhz frequencies and since I don't live out that way and can't pick them up I thought maybe someone out that way could see what they hear.

Its 454 not 460 or 453.

Its very unlikely that these two freqs I heard have anything to do with the new Rockbridge P25 system. They might I suppose but its doubtful.

I was wondering if maybe they were John's DOT freqs but not being there I can't really investigate.

If the P25 trunked system is supposed to be in use by September I would suspect there would be an active control channel out there since they'd need to do testing. It wouldn't surprise me if those 454 frequencies are part of the new system and will be the CC's while the existing 453/460 frequencies will become voice channels. One thought would be to do a limit search between 451 and 465 to see if any new P25 channels pop up.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
That's an idea. With one of the sites being on North Mountain which is next door to me practically I should pick something up I would think.

I can tell you I have all the systems licensed frequencies set up in all my radios at this point and nothing.

Maybe there was a setback. I know Alleghany's newest planned radio disaster is now not going to be done for at least two years instead of right away.

WV if I remember used non-standard frequencies for their system. I can't remember if it was only temporarily or permanent but I remember they had them on SIRN at some point.

The only thing about it was the signal strength on my radio on both frequencies was at half bars on a mobile hooked up to a comet dual band antenna mounted on the roof of my Suburban. That was in Lexington at 64 x55 and I'd think they'd be full strength. That is also why I thought the signal might be from a surrounding area to Lexington rather than in Lexington itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.