Anyone in Santa Clara County with a P25-capable scanner still able to hear Sheriff's mobile transmissions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heytae

Is there anyone here that has a P25 digital-capable scanner radio that can do a test for me please? I'm trying to trouble shoot an issue with our local Sheriff's Office (Santa Clara County Sheriff's West Division that patrols Cupertino, on 155.700 MHz P25 phase 2). The channel's name on RR (Santa Clara County, California (CA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference) is:

155.70000 KMA376 RM173 NACSCCSO Control 2 West (0700-0130 hours) P25 Law Dispatch

If someone also has a scanner that receives that, please let me know if you're hearing their mobile unit's transmissions. I'm hearing their dispatch, but all of a sudden no longer hearing any of their mobile unit responses (no joy in hearing only half the traffic!). So I'm wondering if they've started mobile-only encryption or there's something else going on with my Uniden BCD436HP scanner. Just looking for confirmation that someone else is still hearing their mobile traffic, as of 9/24/20.

heytae

They have moved to the SVRCS trunked system. Only the dispatch side is still patched to the old frequency.

Ugh, I think that means we're SOL, right? If so, my 436HP scanner has little value to me now because that's the sole channel I'd tune into whenever there was local activity. :(

Is there ANY way around such encryption?

Status
Not open for further replies.