Anyone in the Dothan or Enterprise Alabama using SDS100 to listen to NXDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeekwave

Hey I sent my 436 back and got the SDS100 .I'm picking up some NXDN Enterprise with S&P communication . Pick up school bus office. Does radio store on an SD card any new frequencies that come in while I'm monitoring? I read from one of your forums I believe that idea have to program NXDN on conventional trunking. Uniden did some programming like my county, and upgraded me with NXDN.

dallascowboys

That I am not sure if the SD Card stores frequencies or not, but I think here in someone's posts they talk about storing frequencies and how to do that , NXDN and DMR are very useful here. Also don't know if you have them in your scanner but Houston County Vol. Fire is on NXDN , find everything in the RR Data Base. Hopefully someone with more expierance can help you more on this .

zeekwave

I'm getting NXDN (streets) in Enterprise. Also a Forestry NXDN that's some type of investigator talk, tactical. All this on my new SDS100 which uniden programed for me. Not an extreme program though. Thanks ,good to hear from you again.

gagilley03

Premium Subscriber
Sorry I don't have the SDS100 or SDS200 yet.Maybe in the future.

May I ask I am just getting back into the hobby.I have been away for about a year.I see now Dothan city police has gone P25 Phase 1 ?
Are they now encrypted?

Thanks in advance for the respone.

dallascowboys

Sorry I don't have the SDS100 or SDS200 yet.Maybe in the future.

May I ask I am just getting back into the hobby.I have been away for about a year.I see now Dothan city police has gone P25 Phase 1 ?
Are they now encrypted?

Thanks in advance for the respone.
No also Houston County Sheriff is on the Dothan P25 System.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
Hey I sent my 436 back and got the SDS100 .I'm picking up some NXDN Enterprise with S&P communication . Pick up school bus office. Does radio store on an SD card any new frequencies that come in while I'm monitoring? I read from one of your forums I believe that idea have to program NXDN on conventional trunking. Uniden did some programming like my county, and upgraded me with NXDN.
[/QUOTE

I have same issues with new BCD436HP. Live in Enterprise. 5 miles from fire n police station. Bought NXDN from Scannermaster. Tried programming Coffee n Dale counties. No E'prise response. Have 436 next to BCT15X. I pick up conventional traffic ok. I can get Genenva, 25 miles away., Ozark, 20 miles. After trying for over a week, I order the 2 counties pre-programmed from Scannermasters.. Still no E'prise traffic. I called and Rich basically told be they use RR for pre-programming and if it is inaccurate, they can not help me.. I'm about ready to send this $500 unit back. Please, can anyone help me?

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
Anyone in the Dothan or Enterprise Alabama area listening to NXDN with uniden SDS100? Thanks

I have same issues with new BCD436HP. Live in Enterprise. 5 miles from fire n police station. Bought NXDN from Scannermaster. Tried programming Coffee n Dale counties. No E'prise response. Have 436 next to BCT15X. I pick up conventional traffic ok. I can get Genenva, 25 miles away., Ozark, 20 miles. After trying for over a week, I order the 2 counties pre-programmed from Scannermasters.. Still no E'prise traffic. I called and Rich basically told be they use RR for pre-programming and if it is inaccurate, they can not help me.. I'm about ready to send this $500 unit back. Please, can anyone help me?

CORN

Premium Subscriber
It’s not the radio. When I lived down there and went thru Enterprise my 436HP picked it up just fine. My suggestion, 0412 is if someone is able to help please take it. There’s NOTHING wrong with that radio. It is not a radio for first timers, there is a huge learning curve. I offered someone help one time but it was refused, had the crazy idea someone in public safety could do better. Well....if they don’t know scanners they won’t be able to help! They may use the NXDN radios but that doesn’t qualify to program a scanner. A scanner is programmed way differently than an actual radio. I’m not trying to toot my own horn but I could’ve had this gentleman up and running in no time had he accepted my in person assistance. Programming can’t be done over the phone. So good luck and hopefully someone will be willing to meet you in person for programming. There’s nothing wrong with the BCD436HP radio it just needs programmed the proper way.

dallascowboys

I have the 436 live here in Taylor, I can just about get everything except Enterprise and S&P what's the trick to getting these frequencies to work ?

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
It’s not the radio. When I lived down there and went thru Enterprise my 436HP picked it up just fine. My suggestion, 0412 is if someone is able to help please take it. There’s NOTHING wrong with that radio. It is not a radio for first timers, there is a huge learning curve. I offered someone help one time but it was refused, had the crazy idea someone in public safety could do better. Well....if they don’t know scanners they won’t be able to help! They may use the NXDN radios but that doesn’t qualify to program a scanner. A scanner is programmed way differently than an actual radio. I’m not trying to toot my own horn but I could’ve had this gentleman up and running in no time had he accepted my in person assistance. Programming can’t be done over the phone. So good luck and hopefully someone will be willing to meet you in person for programming. There’s nothing wrong with the BCD436HP radio it just needs programmed the proper way.
Hi..I would never refuse help either for myself or others, if possible. Anyone who can help me figure out how to receive E'prise Police, fire n rescue would be very much appreciated. My em is jjl0412@yahoo.com. A note of em sent would be appreciated. Also..IF RR current listing is in fact correct and up to date, why does'nt it work? There are several threads on here about issues with E'prise freqs not working. Zeekwave generated several discussions about this issue.. He lives in E'prise. I have been trying to get in touch with himbut seems Jul 2020 was the last time this topic was discussed. But this is not a new topic..seems common. I just want it resolved. Help please.

Last edited:

dallascowboys

Same here would never turn down help , someone that is more qualified than me I can always use that is why we are on this site to help each other out if needed.

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
I have the 436 live here in Taylor, I can just about get everything except Enterprise and S&P what's the trick to getting these frequencies to work ?
Same here. I pick up nxdn from Al forrestry and Geneva county. I live 5 miles from fire/police in Enterprise, Al, but no traffic. I'm sure it is either a correct programming or may even be a licensing issue.. another post I read stated the Sheriff's dept was partially on a license no commercial radios had access to. Still I just want to use the BCD435 for picking up traffic in my area.. Any one that can help would be very appreciated.
155.97000158.86500WQET641RM1 RANCoffee SOSheriff DispatchNXDNeLaw Dispatch

DudleyG

Premium Subscriber
The small "e" after NXDN means the system is partial encrypted and if the units are talking in encrypted mode you won't hear anything.

I also just looked at the Enterprise Police and Fire and they are on a different NXDN system that does not indicate they are encrypted, however the RR Database may be out of date because no one in the area has confirmed that the Enterprise Police and Fire have turned on encryption.

Last edited:

jjl0412

Premium Subscriber
That's not good news. So after buying NXDN permit, it's likely usless if the NXDNe can't be monitored? And so far as the RR being current, how does one confirm that? I could have stuck to my BCT15x and saved $500....

DudleyG

Premium Subscriber
The information in the RR Database is dependent on people in the area where the system is located to update the info. You could possible just drive over to the Enterprise Fire Department and simply ask them if they have gone to an encrypted system. Most fire departments are very friendly and would answer that especially if you tell them you are a long time listener and now haven't heard anything lately. If they confirm they are encrypted, you can report that to the RR database administrators to get the data updated. The fire department also probably know if the Police also went encrypted since they share a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.