Anyone in Washington County w/ a PSR-800?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I have been seriously looking into getting a GRE PSR-800. I am curious if anyone in the area has one and can tell me how it handles the Washington County, MD P25 system as well as the two neighboring P25 systems of Franklin County, PA as well as the WV P25 system from Berkeley County. Thanks for any responses.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
The 800 picks up the Wash. County system a little better than the 106. Best reception is in the city and north of the city. That how I go thru Hagerstown and Wash County. I live in New Franklin and the 800 works great with Franklin and Berkeley Counties. Also great with Jefferson County also. My son goes to Shepherd University and it gets good use cause I visit him a lot.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Finally got a PSR-800 and I love it. The Washington County P25 system is keeping me quite busy, but I'm also finding new talkgroups on a local LTR system as well. And Letterkenny's P25 system is within range if I hook up an external antenna and amp. I'm loving having a digital scanner again, and this one is perfect since it has built-in recording!

kg4rgn

Premium Subscriber
Washington CO P25

Have BC 996xt in Frederick, MD and pickup the Washingtown CO TR with no issues. Seems like the MDSP is also on ID #13428 (39.34) can someone else confirm.

kg4rgn

kg4icg

Crazy Trucking Mechanic
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (HTC Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows Phone OS 7.5; Trident/5.0; IEMobile/9.0; HTC; T7575))

I can hear Washington County on my PSR800 at my house in Herndon, 3 miles east of Dulles airport with no problems. Also Frederick and WVIRP, using Radio Shack 800 MHz rubber ducky.

Gilligan

Database Admin
Seems like the MDSP is also on ID #13428 (39.34) can someone else confirm.

kg4rgn
I am hearing what sounds like O units (as in MSP O units) using the Sheriff's talkgroup. Not sure but it's possible that MSP is being dispatched thru the Sheriff's office.

MdListener

I am hearing what sounds like O units (as in MSP O units) using the Sheriff's talkgroup. Not sure but it's possible that MSP is being dispatched thru the Sheriff's office.

It's been reported a few times on the forum that MSP and the sheriff's department are being dispatched by the new (year or so old) county ECC on a shared talkgroup. The TG is also patched to the MSP lowband frequency of 39.340.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.