anyone know anything about this antanna

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
"Transmits on 144/440 MHz and is terminated in a UHF connector."

The description is inherently contradictory, which leads the discerning buyer to suspect it is entirely fake, fabricated, and fraudulent.

i m not very good at building antennas was looking for an all band hf to put outside my window i m here 2 weeks for work and one at home i want to keep on dxing here the pixel and windbrook are expensive i just want a good lopp or other antenna

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
As jonwienke points out, it looks like it's just a dual band (144/440) ham antenna. Will it receive down to 500 Khz? Sure it will. But it will be horribly bad :)

It's only 3.5 feet long.. There's really not enough there for decent reception on HF frequencies. But for the Aircraft band (118 Mhz) and up, it will probably be adequate.

Edit.. I just looked again and see the price is $212 dollars US and the shipping is $58 US (For a grand total of $220.00) . That's nuts.. Do not buy this antenna!

Last edited:

eaf1956

Feed Provider
As jonwienke points out, it looks like it's just a dual band (144/440) ham antenna. Will it receive down to 500 Khz? Sure it will. But it will be horribly bad :)

It's only 3.5 feet long.. There's really not enough there for decent reception on HF frequencies. But for the Aircraft band (118 Mhz) and up, it will probably be adequate.

Edit.. I just looked again and see the price is $212 dollars US and the shipping is $58 US (For a grand total of $220.00) . That's nuts.. Do not buy this antenna!

I agree a small 2m 440 antenna and it is not worth the price.

wtp

i would say NO

, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.

my first guess is that it would be in a plastic bag. nothing like quality !

eaf1956

Feed Provider
, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.

my first guess is that it would be in a plastic bag. nothing like quality !

a garbage bag!

majoco

Stirrer
I've already got one of those wideband all mode non-directional high power antennas with low VSWR - it's called a dummy load and works really well for about 10 feet if I take the screening can off...... :)

mrkelso

Status
Not open for further replies.