Anyone know how to get Port Chester PD to work on SDR Trunk ? I will pay $50. Thanks.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
im using a small whip antenna on a magnetic base. The PD station is a few blocks away and im also able to listen to long island and northern westchester. Im going to try and change the control freq.

What kind of whip antenna?

its funny its like noone can recive Port Chester PD for some reason.

usmm01

Premium Subscriber

SRH-77 Diamond​

whip antenna. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? I'm not picking up any control signal for Port chester or any control signal for Metro-25/MTA.

Strong signal for Westchester P25.

Ryebrook and Rye still on 155.625 FM.

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

SRH-77 Diamond​

whip antenna. Anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? I'm not picking up any control signal for Port chester or any control signal for Metro-25/MTA.

Strong signal for Westchester P25.

Ryebrook and Rye still on 155.625 FM.

I cant seem to find the antenna online? Do you have a direct link? Could be that the antenna doesnt handle the 700 band that well, but receives UHF better.

In the channels tab, under the system is LSM selected? I think i saw in a previous screenshot it is but i just want to make sure.

Also, i would recomend Downloading the system Directly From radio refrence as you have premium. You want to Import the Zone 3 Simulcast as thats what PCPD affiliates to. I would recomend importing all talkgroups first and then later on Locking out the talkgroups you dont want to listen to.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I cant seem to find the antenna online? Do you have a direct link? Could be that the antenna doesnt handle the 700 band that well, but receives UHF better.

In the channels tab, under the system is LSM selected? I think i saw in a previous screenshot it is but i just want to make sure.

Also, i would recomend Downloading the system Directly From radio refrence as you have premium. You want to Import the Zone 3 Simulcast as thats what PCPD affiliates to. I would recomend importing all talkgroups first and then later on Locking out the talkgroups you dont want to listen to.
Guessing this one:

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
im using a small whip antenna on a magnetic base. The PD station is a few blocks away and im also able to listen to long island and northern westchester. Im going to try and change the control freq.

What Long Island are you able to listen to?
If your trying the control channel I posted earlier, that's the one you need to obtain signal on. I am on the system right now and the control channel for Zone 3 Westchester is 769.90625 as seen below.

SYSTEM:26E[622] NAC:015[21] RFSS:51[81] SITE:51[81] LRA:51[81] CHANNEL:1-145 DOWNLINK:769906250

Your using a small whip antenna. Are you using that one antenna with both dongles or does each dongle have its own antenna?

usmm01

Premium Subscriber
What Long Island are you able to listen to?
If your trying the control channel I posted earlier, that's the one you need to obtain signal on. I am on the system right now and the control channel for Zone 3 Westchester is 769.90625 as seen below.

SYSTEM:26E[622] NAC:015[21] RFSS:51[81] SITE:51[81] LRA:51[81] CHANNEL:1-145 DOWNLINK:769906250

Your using a small whip antenna. Are you using that one antenna with both dongles or does each dongle have its own antenna?
I'm using that antenna with both dongles. I do have a larger antenna I could try but I would think the whip would be enough?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
How are you using the 1 antenna with 2 dongles? Tv splitter or a multicoupler? This larger antenna, what make and model is that? Is it possible you could stop both tuners, and using the tuner tab, manually tune to 769.90625 with just one dongle plugged in on its own antenna? And post the pic?

usmm01

Premium Subscriber
I have a splitter. It's a vertical antenna comet gp3. I will separate dongles and use only one and see what happens.

usmm01

Premium Subscriber
Assuming you are running Windows, look for a download called sdr-trunk-windows-x86_64-v0.5.1.zip on the releases page.

hmmm. … maybe it looks different because you have a different brand dongle than I do.
I checked. I have that Version. I ordered a different dongle. R820

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
This is the brand I have and use it successfully with sdr-trunk. You should be able to adjust your gain up until you see a red line on waterfall display for control channel frequency but not too much random yellow noise elsewhere on the display.