Anyone know if this system is scanable and how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Repeater Systems

Well not knowing what scanner he has it is not possible to say for sure. If your friend has a scanner that scans LTR systems then the answer is Yes and No. Part of it is. If the TG is LTR Passport No, If LTR Standard yes.

Repeater Systems - UHF (Metro Detroit) Trunking System, Metro Detroit Area, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies

Anyone know if this system is scanable and how? I'm trying to help out a friend that works for star ems and wants to set up a scanner. Thanks

freqs

You can scan it but with out the rite scanner it wont Trunk Track .I can Scan Trunked systems on my 2006 it just dont Trunk Track.

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
It's an LTR standard system, and can be scanned and trunk tracked with the right scanner, and programmed correctly. LTR systems have to be programmed a specific way in order to work.

313RADIO

They have a bunch of trbo connect plus towers in the area already. Are u still hearing this star ems on analog?

Sent from my Android Development Board using Tapatalk

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This system is upgrading to MOTOTRBO within the next 2 years which can not be monitored with with any scanner made today.

True, but with DSD (an external app) you will be able to do it...best regards..Mike

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
Most if not all Star EMS traffic should be able to be heard here: 453.225

Dave,

Exactly none of Star EMS's day to day communications can be heard on that frequency. That frequency is only used in our special event radios that we used to use at Ford Field, and now use for events at the Silverdome. Our day-to-day dispatch operations still take place on the 420MHz LTR trunk system.

KD8EYF said:
Are u still hearing this star ems on analog?

The system is still analog, and isn't changing any time soon, as far as I know.

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
*Bump*

Apparently, I spoke too soon originally. This system will be converting to Mototrbo, the next question is when. First date I heard was September, just heard today that they want to have it done in the next 4-6 weeks.

m297

*Bump*

Apparently, I spoke too soon originally. This system will be converting to Mototrbo, the next question is when. First date I heard was September, just heard today that they want to have it done in the next 4-6 weeks.

MotoTrbo system has been in place, in fact 2 more sites just went online in the last week or so. The analog LTR system will be slowly phased out as users are switched over to the new system.

KB8QDM

Premium Subscriber
MotoTrbo system has been in place, in fact 2 more sites just went online in the last week or so. The analog LTR system will be slowly phased out as users are switched over to the new system.

I know, I work for a user on the system. We hadn't heard anything at all about it until about three weeks ago. In fact, they just let us go out and buy/activate about a dozen new radios on the LTR system back in January, and never said a word about shutting down the LTR system. We could have been slowly buying a few MOTOTrbo units here and there over the last few years (I'm told they will do analog trunking too). There was more than one angry owner/manager around here the last week or so.

If they stick to the last timeline I heard, between now and the end of April, we have to buy mobiles for 33 ambulances, two for dispatch (we use a mobile with tone remotes for that, with a backup) plus however many portables they decide to buy. As a minimum, we'd need about 15, but I've heard talk about buying one for every ambulance, plus a few spares, and pretty much every supervisor/manager has a take-home radio currently. Figure on about 40-45 of those on the high end. I don't know much about TRBO equipment, but having that big /\/\ on the front, and being current technology, it isn't usually cheap. Then, add in parts and labor it remove the old radios and install the new. We're also going to have to find the time to pull ambulances off the street (which isn't always easy) to do the installs, which may have to be spread over a couple of days. Then there's the recurring fees of using someone else's system, no idea what monthly mic fees are going to be, but multiply that times at least 33.

I wasn't the only one who suggested that coordinating and licensing a UHF repeater pair, plus a couple of UHF repeaters/feedline/antennas, and tower rental, would probably be cheaper in the long run, since all we'd really need to do is reprogram our current fleet of radios to the new fequencies.

fnnm1062

longtime member
Chris,
Has the switchiver happened yet? I have not heard anything from STAR on my scanner lately... So I am assuming it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.