Anyone know what the term......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
C and I driver means? I heard it alot this weekend as I came through MO. being dispatched by the HIghway Patrol.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I figured C was for careless but would have never figured out the I part of it.

K0AZV

Also used in conjunction with 10-55. You'll hear the MSHP issue a lot of "10-55 C&I make your own case" broadcasts. At least that used to be the case. I rarely keep track of MSHP these days.

Max...

jeffrey420

phillip3225 said:
10-55 is for a intoxicated driver. So they C & I and 10-55 are likely to be said together

Not necessarily. I hear quite a few C&I w/o 10-55 associated for drivers travelling at high rates of speed, and weaving in and out of traffic.

Yeah the "C and I" driver term was a new one for me to catch on to when I started monitoring the Missouri State Patrol and other Missouri agencies. Wasn't a term I had ever heard before. That and the non-standard 10-codes are really difficult to get use to hearing.

lol well, relatively. When I first started listening to Missouri and heard officers going out on a 10-16 and realized it wasn't a domestic dispute and when I heard one mention a himself and 10-10 and no one seemed too excited I knew something was up. I looked up the Missouri 10 codes and learned they were different that the standard APCO ones used by Iowa or I believe Illinois.

bigcheez69

The county I used to live in referred to a dead dear as being 10-24 (assignment complete) ... I would also always chuckle when they described someone as 10-55 & 1/2 or 10-96 & 1/2

Status
Not open for further replies.