Anyone know what this means and how do i fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkelso

It happens on my 436

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 5.06.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-12 at 5.06.45 PM.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 923

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't. You probably have too many audio recordings on the card, not leaving enough room for the database update (needs a few extra MB during the update process).

mrkelso

I wouldn't. You probably have too many audio recordings on the card, not leaving enough room for the database update (needs a few extra MB during the update process).

I have nothing set to record in sentinel and i checked in the scanner menu and it showed nothing recorded.
Then i had trouble reading the disk so i had to do the whole routine CUD reprogram the whole nine yards. Weird as i have not gone near this scanner for a few weeks now. It's been on and scanning the whole time. Today when i went to update a few things is when it got all upset.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If it is still acting up, you could try connecting the scanner to your computer via the USB cable in Mass Storage mode.

Then open your Windows Explorer and you'll see the scanner showing up as a removable drive. You can right mouse click on that drive, then go down to properties and see how much used and free space there is. That'll tell you how full/empty the SD card is.

Following that you can, using Windows Explorer, navigate through the various file folders on the SD card and see if anything jumps out at you as far as being unreasonably large. There are two sub folders in the audio folder (inner_rec and user_rec). You may see some WAV files in them. There may also be some files in the Discovery folder if you've done any Discovery sessions.

JamesO

Not anymore. I have a 16 GB in there. The card that came with the radio was constantly becoming corrupt.

Another corrupt SD card.

Not sure if this is a bad batch of SD cards, a scanner issue or both??

Read these threads -

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-bug-reports/291124-sd-card-corrupt-due-power-disruption.html

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-owner-tech-support/291399-536-sd-card-issue.html

We need to start tracking these, I know there have been more.

Again, need to figure out if replacement cards are having the same issue as the originally shipped cards.

Please note the manufacturer and size of the card(s) that are having problems. Also mark the orignal card so you can track which one it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.