Anyone know what's up with Aurora feeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0co_5

Feeds seemed to disappear a day or two ago. Anyone know why? Is it part of Juneteenth security? thanks info..... Jack/K0co

k0co_5

PS - I noticed there were commonly 16-18 "listeners" last night when I, again, heard nothing. Is it me, or are there 18 people who enjoy hearing nothing?!? Note, I've tried both my Android phone and Android tablet, with both Broadcastify and "Scanner Radio" apps. Nada...... appreciate any clues.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
The feed status currently reads, "Unplanned outage from Friday through Saturday. Should be fixed now." You should be able to view feed status messages in Scanner Radio by pressing the info button on the top right corner with the feed open. The feed archives shows it being silent from 9:47 AM on Friday until 10:35 PM on Saturday, so a 37 hour outage which is not great, but at least it is back now and not permanently gone.

k0co_5

Hmmm..down again Tues night and this Wed morning. I didn't find the INFO button on top right, but did find the "hamburger" 3 dots which opens the sub menu Scanner Details, Adjust Balance etc. Nothing seems to have any info a bout Status that I can find. Tried opening in both Scannere Radio app and Broadcastify with no luck.

Maybe the host is on vacation and can't fix his feed???

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
71 hour downtime, that is really disappointing, but it is working again. The feed has been pretty solid for years and this is the first time it has encountered issues back-to-back like this.

The "Scanner Details" option should get you the status assuming the feed provider has set it up. There is a feed status now and the issue appears to have been fixed again.

k0co_5

Found the scanner status on my tablet as the "I" info button. Oddly, not shown on my moto android phone. I agree this outage is an anomaly as I've been listenining to AFD for years, and almost exclusively since APD went dark. Many thanks to the Host for making neighborhood info like this available. K0co Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.