So I was going to download Scanner Recorder Pro last night from Davee.com:

Scanner Recorder Pro

Click on the Pay button for a most deserving donation:

Scanner Recorder Pro Donation Page

And PayPal shows an error page:

Code:
Error Detected

Error Message
PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.

Does anyone know where Davee.com is these days? The website appears dated late 2009.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've been trying to get ahold of Dave for over 2 years with no reply. His site hasn't been touched since the fall of 2009. I even tried to get ahold of the webmaster of a site linked from davee.com (same last name, figured it was a relative) and those emails went unanswered (although that site has been updated recently).

So either this guy doesn't want to be found/bothered, or he passed away. I'm leaning towards the latter at this point.

IdaScan

Premium Subscriber
It would be a real shame if he had passed, the Scan Rec Pro software looks amazing.

Anyone have a comparable alternative? I'm looking specifically for time stamped VOX-style recording, preferrably with separate either hour or transmission files in mp3 or wav.

RedPenguin

I noticed this site now just says "Account has been suspended" and I was going to see if I was using the latest version of SR Pro but I guess I can't do that now.

freq_junkie

I'm looking for some software to record radio traffic at a very small rural airport with little to no budget. Since there are so many software options out there, I'm looking for some suggestions from people who have used them.

I have been reading lots of good things about the Scanner Recorder (ScanRec) software, but since it is no longer available, or supported, I thought I would ask here, since this is the most recent topic covering the Scanner Recorder (ScanRec) software.

They currently have a Uniden BC8T connected to a computer using some software named PI Logger. The software is no longer working properly, and they do not know who to contact for support, or if support is even available. So, i have been asked to find something to replace it.

From what I recall, they would like individual audio files, with timestamps, for easy retrieval by staff. The audio is not re-broadcasted, and is primarily used when there is a noise complaint. The computer is running Windows 7, so the software would have to be compatible with that.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.