anyone know who runs this feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4ELO

Been keeping checks regularly, and the feed stays offline more than it does on. Comes up for maybe a couple of days, then offline for undetermined amount of time. I love listening to this feed as i used to live there, and cannot recieve it any other way. Can someone find out what is up with it?

Thanks

KK4ELO

Ok, thanks. I figure they may be a member here and see it eventually and realize something may be wrong they dont know about. Hopefully they will get it fixed.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
This kind of something I noticed awhile ago. How long can a feed be "inactive". I noticed one feed that doesn't have any archives so it has been offline for over 6 months. I would guess closer to a year. What happens if someone wants to provide a feed but can't because there is already a feed there that is inactive? Just curious. It really doesn't matter to me one way or another.
Glendale Police, and Verdugo Fire

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
This kind of something I noticed awhile ago. How long can a feed be "inactive". I noticed one feed that doesn't have any archives so it has been offline for over 6 months. I would guess closer to a year. What happens if someone wants to provide a feed but can't because there is already a feed there that is inactive? Just curious. It really doesn't matter to me one way or another.
Glendale Police, and Verdugo Fire

If a feed is offline continuously for three weeks it is deleted. If it comes back online during that time then the timer resets. Some feed providers stay online "just enough" to get the free membership.

In addition to being anonymous a feed provider can also select "No Archives" as well.

If your feed is different than the current feed, such as it contains 1 more or 1 less channel, it will be approved as long as it is not Identical to the other feed.

I respect the judgement of the administrators. I would apply for the feed explaining what you have observed and let the admins make the call.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
If a feed is offline continuously for three weeks it is deleted. If it comes back online during that time then the timer resets. Some feed providers stay online "just enough" to get the free membership.

This is different then what you are stating. The feed status shows neither online or offline. It shows "not active" which to me means that an administrator placed it into that status.

KK4ELO

Would you know the feed come back up a while ago, and i keep getting "unable to connect to audio server". All other feeds i go to work fine. Just this one. Go figure....

KK4ELO

Ok, so i finally got the feed to play, and its not even the feed advertised. I dont know what he is listening to, but there is no hwy/interstate 75 in coffee co. Tn. So i called a friend who still lives there so i can listen to his scanner over the phone.... not coffee co. Arent there rules that they have to play the feed as advertised? It sounds like he is listening to a trunked system somewhere while messing around on the computer because i can here the various windows sounds too...

Nasby

Why not just leave it alone and move on?

Its obviously not pleasing you so maybe try listening to another feed.

KK4ELO

First off, if i wanted to listen to another, i obviously would do so.
Second, if you will read post number 1 again, you would know why.
Third, if you dont have a fix for the problem that will HELP, dont post.
Fourth, they have certain rules to follow when providing feeds. Maybe the guy that has the feed may not know anything is wrong with his feed.

And if MY post in MY THREAD bothers you, go read another one.

Thank you.

frazpo

Fourth, they have certain rules to follow when providing feeds. Maybe the guy that has the feed may not know anything is wrong with his feed.

Thank you.

+1 on that. Like people sit and listen to feeds that they don't want to hear in the first place.

miccona

very well said

Thank you.

KokomoScanner

Premium Subscriber
+2 from me too. That's why i hesitate on posting sometimes.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.