Anyone listening to feeds via Blackberry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

Does anyone know, does Moodio not support video? I'm only getting the audio from my feed, no video

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Matthew, no the trial versions aren't supposed to stop playing and error out like that. Who's your carrier and what model BB do you have? I have the 8820 on T-Mobile and I remember having to fiddle around with both players before they would work. Of course I don't remember exactly WHAT I did, but the xplayer app has an option to adjust the live radio settings. I also know that these apps like to fight with other apps for 'net access also so make sure you're not running any internet browsers or google maps, etc. Email is OK to run.

-AZ

I have an 8330 on Cellular South (a small cell company based out of Mississippi). Using the trial versions of xPlayer and BerryTunes, the feeds from ScanAmerica stopped playing after 45 seconds or so giving various error messages. I haven't gone and done too much tweaking. I guess I could get in their and do some tweaking and see if they play any better.

I downloaded the trial version of MediaPlayer from Dollars5 (http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackberry/mediaplayer-for-blackberry-pearl-8100/). So far, so good. I've tested the Thomas' Memphis PD feed a few different times with no dropouts or error messages.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
i downloaded the trial version of that media player from Dollar5 and i dont understand how to use to listen to scanner feeds??

Hey city, I tried to respond to your PM but you've turned off PM's or something? I never could get the dollar5 player to work either so don't feel bad.

Anyway this is of interest to all blackberry owners, so I thought I'd share. OS 4.5 now supports streaming audio and video via the native media player! I upgraded my 8820 and can now stream directly just from clicking an icecast link. It can't do WMP - it tries but gives an error. YouTube mobile also now works! Woot!

If you do a google search you can find a cellphone operator's site to download OS 4.5 from for free - that's what I did. If anyone's interested I'll dig up the site I got it from again and post the link.

Happy scanning/streaming! :)
-AZ

cityboy

thank you very much..i have a 8330 blackberry curve carrier verizon wireless,and i dont know if there is a upgade to 4.5 yet!
that is great you are able to stream audio on your blackberry!!
adam

AZScanner

thank you very much..i have a 8330 blackberry curve carrier verizon wireless,and i dont know if there is a upgade to 4.5 yet!
that is great you are able to stream audio on your blackberry!!
adam

You're in luck - they have it. See: http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/download.aspx?ct=personal

Make sure you do a full backup of your phone during the upgrade process. It took mine about 30 minutes to do the upgrade.

You may also need to locate & delete a file on your computer called vendor.xml. If you attempt the upgrade and the OS software isn't an option you can upgrade in the Desktop manager, finding and deleting that file is the fix for that.

There's numerous how-to's online on how to perform the upgrade, just google blackberry 8330 upgrade.

Enjoy,
-AZ

matthewtomek

Live Audio Admin
Feed Provider
Hey city, I tried to respond to your PM but you've turned off PM's or something? I never could get the dollar5 player to work either so don't feel bad.

Anyway this is of interest to all blackberry owners, so I thought I'd share. OS 4.5 now supports streaming audio and video via the native media player! I upgraded my 8820 and can now stream directly just from clicking an icecast link. It can't do WMP - it tries but gives an error. YouTube mobile also now works! Woot!

If you do a google search you can find a cellphone operator's site to download OS 4.5 from for free - that's what I did. If anyone's interested I'll dig up the site I got it from again and post the link.

Happy scanning/streaming! :)
-AZ

How are you getting to the BB Media Player to enter the address of the feed? On my curve, I can pull the "media" icon up, but only have the option to play files on the memory card.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider

That might explain a number of hits today from mycingular.com and similar domains. I guess guys are trying out the streaming functionality.

I stream Shoutcast so that should work as well, since you say Icecast works.

Cool! Thanks.

Bote

AZScanner

How are you getting to the BB Media Player to enter the address of the feed? On my curve, I can pull the "media" icon up, but only have the option to play files on the memory card.

Open up your webbrowser and type the stream URL in. It will ask you if you want to save or open the item. Choose open, and the media player will open and connect to the stream. You can then bookmark it from there just as you would any other webpage and pull it up any time.

Now, if RIM would just add windows media video streaming support.... :twisted:

An interesting note, the BB media player will not display alpha tags but the latest xplayer from ShapeServices does (it's intermittant but it does do it).

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.