Anyone Listening to SW in the Hamilton/Burlington area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Heck no. Join up here...

Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I know a few of the ODXA members (some of them for years), and if you ask questions, I've no doubt you'll get an answer. Same thing in our forums - more specifically, our HF forums. Don't be shy - ask....Mike

ATCTech

At least one of us wrote a column for the ODXA magazine.... but that was a long time ago in a world, far, far away it seems now.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Just wondering if I'm the only one!
Hullo. I have an old Rat shack DX440, I think I bought it in1989. I don't use it much but as COVID hit and I was laid off I tried to listen to stations as well as HF Air traffic, ships, etc, barely anything.

I'm aware that most Trans Atlantic flights use a more modern system than HF but I'd love to listen to the remaining aircraft.

I don't have the AC Adapter for the radio and it seems that I hear less when the batteries have been used alot, seems to work better with fresh batteries.

I'm also in downtown Hamilton, I have height (high up in a high rise) and a balcony that allows me to look W/SW, & towards the lake which is north of me.

I have a clear line of site with nothing to block me except for a condo on the other side of the street.

I get pounded by inter mod, tons of antennas nearby. Tons of AC plugs plugged in here, even my internet tv box makes radios noisy as hell.

I probably could take a piece of wire and stick on my balcony and hope it's better than the antenna that came with it. I also have a bunch of antennas I could use although I don't know if a VHF-HI antenna would do well for me, I use it for Fleetnet.

I'd love to chat and meet up with some like-minded people and maybe I'll get around to monitoring.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.