Anyone Living Around Me Who Can Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhendrickson

Good Morning--is there anyone living around the Earlville NY area familiar with the Uniden BCD996XT who maybe can help me setting up the scanner with computer. I have FreeScan downloaded; I have the USB-1 computer to scanner converter cable but I do not have the confidence to go at it. I have the conventional systems set up without computer but having problems with the Trunking Feature and general methodology(sp) in setting things up. Hoping for replies, Jeff Hendrickson

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi Jeff - go on to the NY forum - it's a busy place - no doubt someone there can help

New York Radio Discussion Forum - The RadioReference.com Forums

Be sure to be specific about what you want to hear - that too is a basic question when programming something new. Go up to our database (blue toolbar under the site title, float your mouse over Database and click on Frequency Database ) and start to become familiar with the system(s) in your area.

Just to get you off the ground with more general help, there's an Easier to Read manual (both in downloadable and printed form) as well as a DMA FAQ. We also have the FreeScan user guide which you can get to in FreeScan from Help/Online Help or from the link below (go to the bottom)

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

best regards..Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.