Anyone Monitoring Hernando County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5KHB

Premium Subscriber
If any one is familiar with monitoring Hernando County, I have some questions:

1. What is the protocol for Fire Rescue tone-outs? Are the apparatus on 800 MHz only, and just the tones and initial dispatch come out on VHF? Or is the appratus to dispatch traffic also on VHF in some places?

I am getting tones on 154.235, and on talk group 496 (Fire-5), but not at the same time for the same call. So I am just curious what the protocol is for initial tone outs, and then on-scene communications.

2. Also, on the HSO side, I thought the county was divided into 3-4 patrol districts, but almost all of the primary Sheriff's Office traffic is on talk group 4016 (Patrol 1). Why would I not be getting more traffic on Patrol 2 and/or Patrol 4 (I have not found a Partol 3 yet)?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Don

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Don, FR units are only on the 800MHz system. 154.235 is the West VHF tone-out freq, and 154.415 is the East side (123.0Hz PL on both). Only initial dispatch/tone-outs are executed on VHF.

What you are referring to as Fire-5 is actually Fire-1. The FR talkgroup lineup was changed a few years back and the database is still incorrect. I will be submitting correct info shortly.

All SO and Brooksville PD traffic is dispatched on Patrol-1. Patrol-2, 3 and 4 are used as car-to-car, or for routine dispatch traffic if Patrol-1 goes 10-33. Patrol-3 is TG 4400, which is listed incorrectly in the database as "Traffic." Will be correcting this and a few other SO TGs as well.

Hope this helps.

N5KHB

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bolt... That is exactly what I needed. I thought the database must be out dated, but I wasn't sure - so thanks, I will make the changes on this end. I appreciate the reply.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.