Anyone purchased equipment from Bearcatwarehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

block1955

I am ready to purchase a 996XT. Scannermaster is out of stock. Anyone used Bearcatwarehouse? Any alternate retailer suggestions? Or be patient and wait on Scannermaster? Thanks

al95

I am ready to purchase a 996XT. Scannermaster is out of stock. Anyone used Bearcatwarehouse? Any alternate retailer suggestions? Or be patient and wait on Scannermaster? Thanks

I have never brought a radio scanner from them. But have done bussiness with them for other things their fast in shipping orders out books, antennas, ect...

kskarma

I bought my BR-330T from them about 2 years ago.. Quick service, new in box radio, good price..NO problems...

KB4REA

Radio Aficionado
Anyone used Bearcatwarehouse?

Yes, I purchased a BCT-15 from them to save a couple of bucks about 2 yrs ago. Went smooth, I would buy from them again. However, if it was me, my 2nd choice for a vendor would be usascan.com as mentioned above. Oh and I just have to say that my first digital scanner, a 396XT, will be delivered this afternoon, I'm so siked!

Cheers!

cartman

Hadn't ever heard of Bearcatwarehouse, but will check them out. I myself might in the market for a scanner with the digital/analog feature. I've used "scannerworld" in the past with good success.

alwayslookin

I would not recommend Bearcatwarehouse. I placed an order last night for a BCD996XT and a BCD396XT with 2nd day air shipping for a total of $927.38 only to find out when I called them this morning to make sure it would ship today that the BCD996xt is out of stock. The guy who answered the phone tried to tell me everyone was out of stock on them for a month because Uniden was doing a upgrade to them. So when I tell him to cancel my whole order and refund my money he said ok I'll take care of that and hung up on me before I could even say anything thing else. So I called back and asked why it did not show out of stock on there website like most other companies do and since its a month out of stock it should be on there. He said actually I was getting ready to call you and another person to let you know about that. So I said ok and hung up on him. What a CRAPPY company. Just my opinion.

mainetrunk

Wow!! I called them once, ONCE..I dropped my 396xt onto the bare wooden steps, and bounced down the remaing 3 steps.. Well, I called the warehouse by mistake. The guy had me explain what happened, getting a mental picture if you will. .He says after 5 minutes of listenning to me " oh, I see.you broke your antenna. Thats 1-800--xxxxxxx...I called,and all got better. $75.00 money order later---plus it was the 3 weeks of the x-mas season when everyone goes on vaca...I dont trust the net for more than a $50.00 purchase/transaction...I wont!!

alwayslookin

Some companies I just don't understand!!! Well I tied again I called Scannerworld and asked to verify if they had the same two scanners in stock. She said yes they do so I placed an order before 2 pm est to hopefully be shipped the same day. Fingers crossed we will see how this one goes.

bottk

Just a thought, you might try Universal Radio, ive purchased a lot of equipment from them and i always had a good experience.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
My 1st choice has always been Scanner World in Albany NY.
I have been buying from them for over 30 yrs..never a problem..always good pricing.

I have bought a few times from ScannerMaster in Mass. But there customer service has deterioted over the last couple of yrs.. shipping is getting expensive from them to anywhere out of the lower 48 states.
Bought a piece of junk spectrum force scanner speaker mic for the 396xt ..sma connector fell apart after a couple of days..the denied ever having any problems with it..it had to be my misuse so i was told to "eat it"..,,funny when i checked their comments on the website..2 other people complain about the same exact problem prior to me buying it..my fault for not looking into it further BEFORE buying it..Scanner master wants your money. After they get it...BYE

kbehning

Premium Subscriber
I bought a BCT15X and a 396XT at the same time from Scanner Master. They ended up sending a 346XT instead. Got it on a Friday and I was torqued because I was looking forward to playing with the 396XT over that weekend. Anyway, I called them up and they sent the 396XT, not overnight as I requested though. I put the 346XT in the return box and they provided the return shipping label. No sorry or appology or anything, just matter of fact "oh, ok" like this was part of every order.

Recently, with them jacking up the price of the GRE 800's due to reductions in availability, high shipping costs, I get a very bad vibe from them, like they don't have any personal interest in serving the customers, just raking in maximum profits with minimum customer service.

There's some shady stories about bearcatwhorehouse on here too. For them to indicate that they're selling a homepatrol-2 because they do a firmware update and add some favorites on it is pretty slimy in my book.

I've had all good results in dealing with Universal Radio. Communications Electronics link provided above looks good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.