Anyone recognize this vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdzig

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone recognize this vehicle? I saw it in west St. Louis County over the weekend. I'm curious what antennas this guy is running and what he is doing with them. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,502

gvranchosbill

Did he have US GOVERNMENT plates?
Did he have MO State plates?
The lightbar as far as i can tell is Blue/Red?
Unless MO has different colors for Lightbars (Texas Tow Trucks Red Bar example) other states Amber.
Here in Nevada Fire and Law use Red/Blue but seems fire is slowly changing to all red w/chiefs? green strobes?
Is the county moving to a 700/800 MHz system?
Voip Crossband Linking like here in Nevada VHF High most counties LV 700 MHz & Reno/Washoe 800 MHz.
Maybe tech testing wireless linking?
Our county here in Nevada is currently linking three counties (Carson City,Douglas & Lyon Counties)together using freqs well above 1.3 GHz that if any mtn obstructs the path it is useless.
The attennas look like high gain freqs above 700MHz?
If it the US GOVT whoo knows what they could be up too given the Obama Kremlin KGB i mean NSA and other US Intel agencies spying on US citizens.
Another thought i had was if Local or out of state plates may indicate a AT&T,VERIZON etc co?
Here in Nevada the NV Energy Meters changed over to Smart Meters using 901.1125/940.1125 mhz and 928.8062/952.8062 mhz two-way mtntop sites to homes and homes to mtntop sites.
All i can say is with the lawlessness in the current squatter in DC just about anything you can think up however crazy it seems is just that and they think it just cant happen in America! Thats what they are counting on, unfortuntly seems that teaching history about communism and the takeover of certain parts of Europe,Southeast Asia fell on deaf ears. I went to school in the 60's & 70's during these times of Govt Spying in the Soviet Union,East Germany,China,Very active Vietnam,Laos,Cambodia etc.
Im not suggesting that image is a GOVT Agent, but if it does have US Govt Plates and the guy is sitting in a location monitoring freqs in the GHz, there seems that Internet/Wi-Fi,Cell Phone Voice & Text Transmissions is a Gold mine of information on private citizens or less likely terrorists? I wont go any farther on speculation since i allready have been one of several persons who have made it known that they arent happy with whats going on causing great concern in groups and freedom of speech seems that in the US Constitution is ok is a vehicle for intimidation by leftwing thugs (I have been visted by USSS and asked many things for two days by order of "The DC boys" was exactly what the agents called them, i had not even come close to stating anything considered a threat, but they showed me transcripts of my conversation on Facebook. This is one of many things but this is confirmed evidence that we are all being monitored (Facebook is public and anything you post can be read and im not complaining about this but the Text Msg/Cell/Landline voice comms requiring a Warrant isnt secure and how can you prove your rights have been violated when the Agency in charge of getting the law breakers are in fact the Wolfs in sheeps clothing.
But back to the subject to make my thoughts is top get the plate info and its pretty much a clue to who.
Again like in Nevada all Public Utilites have Apportioned Plates that are not allowed on private vehicles.
Verizon has Calif and Nevada plates both fixed on front and rear.
We have Exempt plates county,state and some tribal agencies
We have numerous US G22? Plates for various USFS,Military vehicles, ive seen out of state plates on contractor vehicles.
If this guy had paper or no plates at all i would automaticly assume covert or criminal activities.
We do have covert local agecies using standard private vehicle plates.
Tow Car and Taxi Cabs have two plates also.
Last of all i find that a very interesting photo, who comes to mind using a Jeep Cherokee? Dark Blue? The Federal Govt was my first thought, but light bar and antenna farm throws most of that out.
Blah Blah get plate and go from there i never been in MO but here in Nevada thgat tell as great deal unlike Calif nextdoor here where a million plates of various non conforming except for exempt where they used to have an E inside a 5 sided like stop sign design but dropped because the plates just cant handle another digit without redesiging the plates or making them wider.
Im sorry i wasnt much help but i love these kind of challenges of seeing how in plain sight things may or not be what they appear to be. LOL

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
No.

That's an amateur radio operator with a bunch of Yagi antennas on his roof driving around to different grid squares making contact for a contest.
Some clues:
Old looking light bar. (for safety!)
Mag mount antenna mounted too close to rear of vehicle to provide good ground plane. (CB, VHF 5/8's, 10 meter, 6 meter?)
Way to big directional antennas for anything commercial. Anything commercial that needs that much gain has a bigger issues.
Pin striping on side. Fleet vehicles would rarely have those sorts of niceties.
No agency decals.
Never seen a GV that old that looked that good.

I would highly doubt that is anything other than an amateur radio operator. Anyone trying to do something sneaky, covert or illegal would likely not be driving around with that mess on the roof. Cellular companies are not looking for long distance coverage that would require antennas like that. Drive tests are usually done with consumer phones hooked to a PC with mapping software, or smaller band specific antennas.

Last edited:

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Did he have US GOVERNMENT plates?

Did he have MO State plates?

The lightbar as far as i can tell is Blue/Red?

Unless MO has different colors for Lightbars (Texas Tow Trucks Red Bar example) other states Amber.

Here in Nevada Fire and Law use Red/Blue but seems fire is slowly changing to all red w/chiefs? green strobes?

Is the county moving to a 700/800 MHz system?

Voip Crossband Linking like here in Nevada VHF High most counties LV 700 MHz & Reno/Washoe 800 MHz.

Maybe tech testing wireless linking?

Our county here in Nevada is currently linking three counties (Carson City,Douglas & Lyon Counties)together using freqs well above 1.3 GHz that if any mtn obstructs the path it is useless.

The attennas look like high gain freqs above 700MHz?

If it the US GOVT whoo knows what they could be up too given the Obama Kremlin KGB i mean NSA and other US Intel agencies spying on US citizens.

Another thought i had was if Local or out of state plates may indicate a AT&T,VERIZON etc co?

Here in Nevada the NV Energy Meters changed over to Smart Meters using 901.1125/940.1125 mhz and 928.8062/952.8062 mhz two-way mtntop sites to homes and homes to mtntop sites.

All i can say is with the lawlessness in the current squatter in DC just about anything you can think up however crazy it seems is just that and they think it just cant happen in America! Thats what they are counting on, unfortuntly seems that teaching history about communism and the takeover of certain parts of Europe,Southeast Asia fell on deaf ears. I went to school in the 60's & 70's during these times of Govt Spying in the Soviet Union,East Germany,China,Very active Vietnam,Laos,Cambodia etc.

Im not suggesting that image is a GOVT Agent, but if it does have US Govt Plates and the guy is sitting in a location monitoring freqs in the GHz, there seems that Internet/Wi-Fi,Cell Phone Voice & Text Transmissions is a Gold mine of information on private citizens or less likely terrorists? I wont go any farther on speculation since i allready have been one of several persons who have made it known that they arent happy with whats going on causing great concern in groups and freedom of speech seems that in the US Constitution is ok is a vehicle for intimidation by leftwing thugs (I have been visted by USSS and asked many things for two days by order of "The DC boys" was exactly what the agents called them, i had not even come close to stating anything considered a threat, but they showed me transcripts of my conversation on Facebook. This is one of many things but this is confirmed evidence that we are all being monitored (Facebook is public and anything you post can be read and im not complaining about this but the Text Msg/Cell/Landline voice comms requiring a Warrant isnt secure and how can you prove your rights have been violated when the Agency in charge of getting the law breakers are in fact the Wolfs in sheeps clothing.

But back to the subject to make my thoughts is top get the plate info and its pretty much a clue to who.

Again like in Nevada all Public Utilites have Apportioned Plates that are not allowed on private vehicles.

Verizon has Calif and Nevada plates both fixed on front and rear.

We have Exempt plates county,state and some tribal agencies

We have numerous US G22? Plates for various USFS,Military vehicles, ive seen out of state plates on contractor vehicles.

If this guy had paper or no plates at all i would automaticly assume covert or criminal activities.

We do have covert local agecies using standard private vehicle plates.

Tow Car and Taxi Cabs have two plates also.

Last of all i find that a very interesting photo, who comes to mind using a Jeep Cherokee? Dark Blue? The Federal Govt was my first thought, but light bar and antenna farm throws most of that out.

Blah Blah get plate and go from there i never been in MO but here in Nevada thgat tell as great deal unlike Calif nextdoor here where a million plates of various non conforming except for exempt where they used to have an E inside a 5 sided like stop sign design but dropped because the plates just cant handle another digit without redesiging the plates or making them wider.

Im sorry i wasnt much help but i love these kind of challenges of seeing how in plain sight things may or not be what they appear to be. LOL

Wow... All for a couple of Yagi's... Someone is a bit on the paranoid side...

iamhere300

I did not see you take the picture. it is not antenna, I have it set up as a anti matter weapon. If I point it at you, and hit the button, you either disintegrate or I do.

And the voices talking? What is wrong with that? (Yes, I hear you, I will be there in a minute) you mean (ok, in a minute) you don't have voices (IN A MINUTE!) talking to you?

QDP2012

Does anyone recognize this vehicle? I saw it in west St. Louis County over the weekend. I'm curious what antennas this guy is running and what he is doing with them. Thanks.

It looks like a version of W0JT's mobile rig, similar to this 2004 picture: QSL:W0JT

Looking through W0JT's pics show similar arrangements on other vehicles.

Hope this helps,

N0IU

That's nothing!

I don't know who's it is, but it is regularly seen at hamfests in the St. Louis area!

antenna-car-1-lrg_zpsf0c85fa9.jpg

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin

Yup it is a Contest Rover - Ham Radio. Nothing to see move along now.

Not a terrorist nor a rocket launcher!

Handing out rare VHF/UHF/ DX Grid squares.

KC VHF Bandit Home

Status
Not open for further replies.