• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anyone remember trucker talk on channel 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I carry a Cobra everything-in-the-mic CB stored away when I travel in the SUV but I seldom use it. I think truckers forced me out. While I'm certainly no prude by any stretch of the imagination, their language embarrassed me and others in my vehicle. I don't believe it's as bad as it used to be, though. I have .70/2m ham, a scanner and satellite radio so I'm not without entertainment.

I have a CB in the motorhome but the squelch is turned up enough that you have to be within a few hundred yards for me to hear you.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So I started swl, CB, police monitoring well over 50 years ago so my brain is fried but does anyone remember the two Citizens Band business channels? They were before the change from 23 to 40.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
I used to load out of Laredo TX at CorningWare and sometimes spent a night or two there back when the only 2 truckstops were the Pilot across the street from the brothel, and the Flying J on the other side. CB could be quite interesting down there on the border. They would advertise their Mexico shuttle service to take the truckers down to the donkey show blah blah. Very decadent place, Laredo. I usually use Ch 13 when I am RVing (supposedly the channel for recreational vehicles) and it can get busy at the RV sites.

trentbob - I think the biz channels were 22(a) and 23 and in between? I remember lots of taxi companies used 22&23,

KK4JUG - that's about how I travel with a CB in the Rv. Keep the 980 squelch up and if I talk to a trucker I usually have eyes on him/her. Too much nonsense on there most of the time. It can get pretty nasty. I stick to Ch13 and talk to my fellow RVers mostly.

JD
kf4anc

FiveFilter

Many truckers still use CB Channel 19, as evidenced on I-10 going through Baton Rouge this week.

It seems the Highway Department flubbed a concrete repair overnight that did not harden in time for the morning rush. They had to block all but one lane to re-fix the fix, which backed up traffic for 15 miles or more.

The flow of information between busy truck drivers about the bottleneck was effluent, to say the least. One trucker asked, "I wonder what drivers without CBs know about the hold-up, and what lane to be in?"

Good question.

n9emz

During the early/mid 1970s we used channel 19 West of the Mississippi River and 10 East of it. Out in California, we used 19 on I-5 and 10 on the PCH.

robertwbob

KE0WRU
I was trucking then,about 76 the highway patrol asked us to move from 10 to 19,we did. And way back east west traffic used 10 and north south traffic used 11.or did i get them turned around?. That layfette on my signature was used hard then,could hear hiway patrol and switch back to cb

Status
Not open for further replies.