Anyone Streaming 154.1600 Montgomery County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

atlong

Database Admin
I can't seem to find anyone streaming MCDFRS TG's anymore. I'd ideally like to listen to the analog audio of 154.1600MHz for MoCo DFRS Dispatch. Anything?

Thx,

wireless

I can't seem to find anyone streaming MCDFRS TG's anymore. I'd ideally like to listen to the analog audio of 154.1600MHz for MoCo DFRS Dispatch. Anything?

Thx,
Here is a realtively cheap solution. Buy a cheap Baofeng and then you can listen to 7a 154.16 and 7b 153.950 all day without depending on a hobbyist to stream. You can also LISTEN to Weather, GMRS, FRS, AMATEUR Repeaters and SIMPLEX and MURS and it will cost you $20-$30.

Rarely have I seen people streaming the MCFRS dispatch channels anymore. There was a guy in Northern Virginia that was doing it full-time and his reception just went to crap and he gave it up.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
I have a VHF EFJohnson 5100 series that I used and I have programmed all the MCFD VHF Channels into my radio. Of course 7A and 7B are analog plus 7c and 7d and a few more as well but can be changed per dispatch..

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The OP may have difficulty receiving 154.160 OTA, hence the inquiry.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
While taking a look at Unitrunker right now running on the Montgomery System their are 4 active control channels but only the 853.86250 is doing all the controlling with over 4 thousand radios on the air. The other 3 are totally controlling zero. Been like this for the past 20 minutes..Also it seems a lot of ah activity is going on and that is all i will say about that matter and a lot of blank spaces making calls on the system to tg's ..

Last edited:

wireless

The OP may have difficulty receiving 154.160 OTA, hence the inquiry.
Maus, as long as he is in Montg County he should have no issue with a VHF portable. I read it as he cant find anyone streaming 7a on one of the apps like Broadcastify or Radio Scanner. Several of the Volunteer Stations like Cabin John used to stream it but has since stopped as well. Im kinda surprised actually.

I carry a Minitor VI For VHF 7a & 7b and rarely have an issue recieving, even out of the county say 5-10 miles in many cases. I also have a Moto PM400 mobile and that always works anywhere in county as well.

I wish somebody would stream it so I had a source to listen on my iphone when I forget the Minitor. I Googled the subject and every site or link to the VHF Simulcast of 7a was dead or just gone. It seems its just another part of the scanner hobby thats fading away. True shame

Anyway, if someone is in the county Im fairly confident that a VHF Portable will serve them well. Tell us where you live OP and we can share our opinion on coverage in your area

end another Dissertation by Wireless (;

maus92

Premium Subscriber
While taking a look at Unitrunker right now running on the Montgomery System their are 4 active control channels but only the 853.86250 is doing all the controlling with over 4 thousand radios on the air. The other 3 are totally controlling zero. Been like this for the past 20 minutes..Also it seems a lot of ah activity is going on and that is all i will say about that matter and a lot of blank spaces making calls on the system to tg's ..
Only one cch for any one system will be active at a time.

atlong

Database Admin
I lived down there for many years in the 90's and early 2000's, however now that I'm up in the Eastern Panhandle of WV, it's reach to hear them. I can get them, it's just not a great signal, hence the request for someone streaming it over the internet.

atlong

Database Admin

is this what your looking for?
I also wish that there was a live one but this one is not to far off I just listen to it in another tab along side others like A5 and 9A

Yeah, that's what I was trying to find. For some reason, it was not showing up last night on Broadcastify and a search was coming up empty there, too. Thanks BJC123 and Wireless, too for the suggestions.

Chris0516

I moved from there 12mos. ago. I was able to get 154.16, and 153.95 with no problem. Granted, I lived Washington Grove, north of Shady Grove Road. So it came in strong.

motorcoachdoug

Premium Subscriber
If i may ask what took ya down to north carolacky? I used to live near Hendersonville, NC up in the mountains in a small town called Fletcher..back from 78 to 81

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, that's what I was trying to find. For some reason, it was not showing up last night on Broadcastify and a search was coming up empty there, too. Thanks BJC123 and Wireless, too for the suggestions.

Yeah here is the link to the Node as well Broadcastify

It has like a 25-30 second delay but its not bad.

Also, a general question regarding the Baofeng that wireless suggested... I have a Baofeng but I have barely used it because I am afraid of accidentally transmitting, so I am just curious in the worst-case scenario I accidentally PTT on 154.160 what will happen?

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah here is the link to the Node as well Broadcastify

It has like a 25-30 second delay but its not bad.

Also, a general question regarding the Baofeng that wireless suggested... I have a Baofeng but I have barely used it because I am afraid of accidentally transmitting, so I am just curious in the worst-case scenario I accidentally PTT on 154.160 what will happen?
You could conceivably blank out an essential communication - and also violate federal law. Do you have $10,000+ to spare?

In practical terms, you would only blank out nearby receivers (like FD pagers and non-official receivers) if you transmitted on 154.160. Not sure if house sirens and other station appliances are still activated by tone signalling in MC - much of that is now done by CAD / FSA systems.

Last edited:

sfb88

In reading other threads in which the use of tranceivers as receivers was mentioned, i recall mention of programming the frequencies as receive only to prevent any possibility of transmitting. Is this possible with the Baofeng?

Bjc123

Premium Subscriber
Yeah there is some way to prevent the Baofeng from transmitting but I have never tried it someone else might be able to provide more information.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Yeah there is some way to prevent the Baofeng from transmitting but I have never tried it someone else might be able to provide more information.
Well, you could post the model number of the radio in question. Someone could then find a user / tech manual and research if it is possible to disable the transmit function, and reference the procedure. I'd take it to a qualified tech if you are unsure / uncomfortable performing the procedure yourself.

jtwalker

Premium Subscriber
In reading other threads in which the use of tranceivers as receivers was mentioned, i recall mention of programming the frequencies as receive only to prevent any possibility of transmitting. Is this possible with the Baofeng?

You can set Rx only with with CHIRP software. Not sure about doing directly on the Baofeng radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.