Anyone think we will see the siren app tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gchapel

Well today is Sunday March 30th. Tomorrow will be the last day of the 1st quarter of 2014. Uniden ads still say 1st qtr 2014 for the Siren app release time period.

Anyone think we will see the Siren App tomorrow or get an updated release date?

I am really hoping the app comes out soon as I would like to get my scanner set up in my truck before a long trip I am taking the third week in April. I want to use my iPhone as a remote head as my radio will be installed under the back seat in the tool box with my ham radio.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Well today is Sunday March 30th. Tomorrow will be the last day of the 1st quarter of 2014. Uniden ads still say 1st qtr 2014 for the Siren app release time period.

Anyone think we will see the Siren App tomorrow or get an updated release date?

I am really hoping the app comes out soon as I would like to get my scanner set up in my truck before a long trip I am taking the third week in April. I want to use my iPhone as a remote head as my radio will be installed under the back seat in the tool box with my ham radio.

latest updates from UPMan:

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...plus-other-random-thoughts-3.html#post2163483

http://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tavern/288135-catching-up-hard-do.html#post2164747

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
And this from today...

I think that was a song by Neil Sedaka...yep: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbad22CKlB4

Still in Louisville (Loo-uh-vil), KY. Over 200 emails behind, many posts behind. Trade shows are killers.

I do see where we have discontinued the BCD536HP (according to one site). According to me, we have not done so. I win.

I also see that a couple of threads have been closed with a well-deserved slam of the door.

Next week is about catching up, meeting with lawyers about organizational issues, hopefully getting the beta iPhone app from our developers, getting a needle stuck in my spine. Of the four, only looking forward to the app...the rest are necessary evils.

Ok, well, play nice.

gchapel

OK Thanks for the updates. I didn't realize this much discussion was already going on.

As far as I know the only Siren app discussed in the ads that I saw were for IOS devices. But that doesn't mean that there won't be future apps for Android, Windows, and OS X.

Since Upman has already given a recent update on this subject I suppose that the Forum Manager should close this thread before it spins off like the tavern thread.

psdavidson

Thanks -- guess I'll hold onto this thing a little longer.... I may offer it "even up" for swap of a 436 at some point....

I had thought about that too. i first ordered the 436 but decided to change it, because of the app. now I have lost all interest in scanning since Im never home. I may give it a week to see if the app comes out. if not its ebay time

gchapel

If they have an iPhone beta app as upman says I doubt it will be long before the final release.

lugnuts

Premium Subscriber
I had hoped to get a 536 because of the app but at this rate might as well wait to see what whistler comes out with

jasonhouk

Paul mentioned "Beta". If Uniden released software like they rushed to release the hardware you'd more than likely have some buggy version already installed on an iOS device!

Attachments

• 300px-Software_dev2.svg.jpg
    300px-Software_dev2.svg.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 670
Status
Not open for further replies.