Anyone tried. 2700 2900 Batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I have some 2650 Duracells

The 330 just runs forever on them

MysticalOS

My 396T i've used the stock 2300 and 2500 batteries on it and found very little difference between the two....but 2300 vs 2900 i expect a bit more...So i think i'll try and see what happens. They got 30 day money back, I'll send it back if i don't think they are useful.

philkoz

Premium Subscriber
I've bought some 2500's & 2700's from thomas-distributing.com with pretty good success. I picked up a dozen supposed 2900's new from Dayton also. Bad choice. I cycle charged them several times & can only get 2450mAH AT MOST from them. Still ok for the 396T, and not bad for $20.00, but a little disappointing. I'll probably go through Thomas-distributing and p-up more 2700 or some 2900's. I get decent time run time with the Sanyo 2700's.

rfaricy

I use 3200mAh NiMH rechargeables and they work great ... Not sure why 2700 and 2900 are such a big deal. They're old news.

okccsi

rfaricy said:
I use 3200mAh NiMH rechargeables and they work great ... Not sure why 2700 and 2900 are such a big deal. They're old news.

I have been using 3200's I bought off eBay and they last forever in my Pro-97 and Pro-95's. They work great in just about everything else I have used them in also.

OKC CSI

scannersnstuff

batteries

i bought 8 2650 duracell aa's last night at home depot for about $16.00.from discharge to full charge they took about 6 hour's in my rat shack charger.have not tested the run time yet though.remember,no matter how many rechargeable's you have alway's back em' up with disposables.rechargeables always seem to loose their charge at the most crucial time's.

MysticalOS

Eh, this is in reference to AA batteries. I've never seen a 3200 double A, i've seen 3200 packs though but that's soemthing else. I even just checked ebay to verify, 0 results for a 3200 double A battery. If you can show me where they are though I'll believe you.

scosgt

6 hours to charge???

I use the energizer 30 minute charger (there is a 15 minute now, but for some reason the 30 minute seems more reliable, the 15 minute seems to reject some batts) and the 2650's give me something like 12 hours in the 330 using the squelch backlight. I don't see any reason for using a 6 hour charger, if the 30 minute wears out the batts faster, I'll just buy new ones.
Actually I run the scanner all day, and then leave it on at nite, and I change out the batteries before bedtime. More like 8AM to 11PM, and the thing is still running.

pdfdems286 said:
i bought 8 2650 duracell aa's last night at home depot for about $16.00.from discharge to full charge they took about 6 hour's in my rat shack charger.have not tested the run time yet though.remember,no matter how many rechargeable's you have alway's back em' up with disposables.rechargeables always seem to loose their charge at the most crucial time's.

scannersnstuff

Charging/general Battery Rant.

scosgt i have a question for you.do the 2650 mah batteries that go in the 30 minute charger have to be fast charge batteries ?.can you use the regular one's ?.i have the energizer 15 minute 15 minute charger.a few time's i charged the batteries and got a false charge.i put them in my scanner and they died right off the bat.even with the fan built into the charger they got extremely hot.i was looking into getting another fast charger for quick charge and go operation's.i think that power/back-up power are very important subject's when it come's to the monitoring hobby.betwwen the current hurricane cycle period and the old threat of y2k i had enough alkalines to run a small city LOL.however;when nothing happened and i didn't need them they are on the verge of being unusable.i've started my stock pile again.back during the ice storm's that hit upstate new york/new engeland a few year's ago some merchant's were ripping people $10.00 for a pack of 4 aa's.

GTO_04

The Powerex batteries are by far the best rechargeables I have ever used! I have the 2500s. I am eager to try the 2700s too! As a side note the 2500s are great for powering high drain devices like digicams and photoflash due to their low internal resistance.

GTO_04

rfaricy

MysticalOS said:
Eh, this is in reference to AA batteries. I've never seen a 3200 double A, i've seen 3200 packs though but that's soemthing else. I even just checked ebay to verify, 0 results for a 3200 double A battery. If you can show me where they are though I'll believe you.

Then you didn't really search

http://photography.listings.ebay.co...1QQfsopZ3QQsacatZ43445QQsocmdZListingItemList

http://www.google.com/search?client=opera&rls=en&q=max-cell+3200mah&sourceid=opera&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

An entire PAGE of AA 3200mAh batteries. They are from Europe but they do exist.

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
scosgt said:
I use the energizer 30 minute charger (there is a 15 minute now, but for some reason the 30 minute seems more reliable, the 15 minute seems to reject some batts) and the 2650's give me something like 12 hours in the 330 using the squelch backlight. I don't see any reason for using a 6 hour charger, if the 30 minute wears out the batts faster, I'll just buy new ones.
Actually I run the scanner all day, and then leave it on at nite, and I change out the batteries before bedtime. More like 8AM to 11PM, and the thing is still running.

I just got the 15 minute chager as well, I like the fan under the batteries. I have been using the IC-3's for the last two years with no complaints.

Wonder why 3200's have yet to hit the states?

Last edited:

MysticalOS

i did search, apparently they aren't in US yet. Still get zero results at all on US ebay site. They only come back on uk site from uk sellers...That must be why i have not heard of or found...

MysticalOS

Just finished looking through those links, only sold oversea's only shipping over seas. They aren't selling batteries cheap to be shipped expensively across world ;). So i guess 2900 is for me for now.

yaesumofo

To answer the question. Yes I have. I like the sanyo 2700's they work great.
Yaesumofo

MysticalOS said:
I was only aware they went up to 2500 but in looking for a better charger i came across several 2700 and 2900 batteries that are out now.

http://www.thomas-distributing.com/accupower-2900mAh-rechargeable-batteries.htm

I am not familar with the brands on the 2700 and 2900 and i just checked energizer and duracell again and both still at 2500 max. Any ideas?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
rfaricy said:
They sell them at Batteries Plus. Not sure if you have those in your parts, but they do here in Minnesota.

Do you have a part number for Batteries Plus? When I search on them I find nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.