Anyone using a JRC NRD-545 DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

Anyone here using a JRC NRD-545 DSP receiver? I should have one in a few days...looking forward to getting back into shortwave.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Boy, talking about jumping back in a big way! Wish I had that kind of money. Receiver envy
:D

Anyway, the NRD has got a fair amount of support out there. It's time to hit the Wiki real hard. Take a look at the antennas page for some ideas there; then look at either the Utility or SWL wikis for related links to what you want to hear. The RadioIntel website (receivers and accessories page) has a few NRD545 links, including a Yahoo group for the receiver.

There' s some software for it, too - and if you start loading lots of frequencies, you probably at some point will want it. The Radio Control Software wiki (the last 2 sections in particular) has a few 545-compatible packages - including the well known Shortwave Log and TRX Manager, both of which have their own Yahoo support groups.

There. That oughta keep you eyes spinning for a while...good luck with the new toy 73s Mike

MacombMonitor

ka3jjz said:
Boy, talking about jumping back in a big way! Wish I had that kind of money. Receiver envy
:D
73s Mike
It's not "brand new", but excellent condition. So I didn't pay full price for it. Thanks for directing me toward the Wiki! I don't use that near as much as I should.

ecole08

Using NRD 454 DSP

Hi I have owned a 545 since 2002 and simply love it and live in canada and more than willing to chat withm you about this receiver. There is alos a yahoo group devoted to this receiver and there is a wealth of information there from users that are far more expert than myself.
Good Luck

somme1916

ecole08 said:
Hi I have owned a 545 since 2002 and simply love it and live in canada and more than willing to chat withm you about this receiver. There is alos a yahoo group devoted to this receiver and there is a wealth of information there from users that are far more expert than myself.
Good Luck
Hi ecole...wonder if you noticed you were responding to a almost two year old post ?

I ask 'cause I've done it & felt a little silly afterwards. :)

Anyway...two years or ten years...you can't do any better than a JRC 545 !

Status
Not open for further replies.