• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Anyone using a JRC NRD-545 DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacombMonitor

Anyone here using a JRC NRD-545 DSP receiver? I should have one in a few days...looking forward to getting back into shortwave.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Boy, talking about jumping back in a big way! Wish I had that kind of money. Receiver envy
:D

Anyway, the NRD has got a fair amount of support out there. It's time to hit the Wiki real hard. Take a look at the antennas page for some ideas there; then look at either the Utility or SWL wikis for related links to what you want to hear. The RadioIntel website (receivers and accessories page) has a few NRD545 links, including a Yahoo group for the receiver.

There' s some software for it, too - and if you start loading lots of frequencies, you probably at some point will want it. The Radio Control Software wiki (the last 2 sections in particular) has a few 545-compatible packages - including the well known Shortwave Log and TRX Manager, both of which have their own Yahoo support groups.

There. That oughta keep you eyes spinning for a while...good luck with the new toy 73s Mike

MacombMonitor

ka3jjz said:
Boy, talking about jumping back in a big way! Wish I had that kind of money. Receiver envy
:D
73s Mike
It's not "brand new", but excellent condition. So I didn't pay full price for it. Thanks for directing me toward the Wiki! I don't use that near as much as I should.

ecole08

Using NRD 454 DSP

Hi I have owned a 545 since 2002 and simply love it and live in canada and more than willing to chat withm you about this receiver. There is alos a yahoo group devoted to this receiver and there is a wealth of information there from users that are far more expert than myself.
Good Luck

somme1916

ecole08 said:
Hi I have owned a 545 since 2002 and simply love it and live in canada and more than willing to chat withm you about this receiver. There is alos a yahoo group devoted to this receiver and there is a wealth of information there from users that are far more expert than myself.
Good Luck
Hi ecole...wonder if you noticed you were responding to a almost two year old post ?

I ask 'cause I've done it & felt a little silly afterwards. :)

Anyway...two years or ten years...you can't do any better than a JRC 545 !

Status
Not open for further replies.