Anyone using a Whistler TRX-2 on the new NKY P25 Phase ll System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beischel

Hello folks, trying the Whistler forum but thought maybe it would be good to ask here to see who might have a TRX-2 that is actually receiving the new NKY P25 Phase II system. I have two digital scanners, the Uniden SDS200 and the Whistler TRX-2. I have the new NKY system programmed into the SDS200 and it is receiving them flawlessly. However, I programmed the system the same way into the TRX-2 as I have in the SDS200 - nothing. The TRX-2 receives nothing on the new NKY system. I know Campbell is not active yet, but getting a fair amount of activity on Boone and Kenton so I know those systems are somewhat in operation. Any suggestions on what it takes to get NKY receiving on the TRX-2? Thanks in advance.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Hello folks, trying the Whistler forum but thought maybe it would be good to ask here. I have two digital scanners, the Uniden SDS200 and the Whistler TRX-2. I have the new NKY system programmed into the SDS200 and it is receiving them flawlessly. However, I programmed the system the same way into the TRX-2 as I have in the SDS200 - nothing. The TRX-2 receives nothing on the new NKY system. I know Campbell is not active yet, but getting a fair amount of activity on Boone and Kenton so I know those systems are somewhat in operation. Any suggestions on what it takes to get NKY receiving on the TRX-2? Thanks in advance.
It's a pure simulcast system with more than just 3 sites per, I would be surprised if your getting steady bars. Like you mentioned the SDS200 is receiving flawlessly, the TRX-2 doesn't really stand a chance.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I use a Whistler WS1095 at home. It was ran to an outdoor antenna and received nothing but garbled crap. I switched the antenna to the extendable one that comes with it, not extended and just the smallest portion sticking up and it receives fine... most days.

Its worth a try.

beischel

I use a Whistler WS1095 at home. It was ran to an outdoor antenna and received nothing but garbled crap. I switched the antenna to the extendable one that comes with it, not extended and just the smallest portion sticking up and it receives fine... most days.

Its worth a try.
Thanks, I also tried that and it did not work. If I at least received something garbled I know it somewhat works. However, I am not getting a single bit of audio of any type from the new NKY system on the TRX-2. I think the firmware is rather hosed. I used to receive a lot more Cincinnati/Hamilton County P25 transmissions until the firmware was upgraded.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
using a WS1095 here also with stock antenna , works great , my 996p2 also works with out issue

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
If you are trying to receive the NKY system from Pierce Township on the TRX-2 it isn't going to work well.

I live in the Westwood area of Cincinnati and I have LOTS of scanners/radios and the only thing that works from my home is the Unication G4/G5 and the SDS100/SDS200 (I just got the SDS's this week specifically for NKY), all of my other scanners are dead on the new system.

We need to remember these trunking systems are designed to only work within the specific area they are intended to cover and not much beyond. The Unication and SDS series radios are VERY good at receiving distant signals in the 700/800 MHz range while the older scanners are not able to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.