Anyone using JAERO with Windows 10 64-bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
@scanningfan Another way to update the Jaero aircraft db is to download the flightairmap basestation.sqb and simply copy it over the one in Jaero. It has many more aircraft in it and is a lot more up to date than the one that gets 'auto' downloaded from within Jaero.

scanningfan

No. You cant do that.
The latest version of Jaero supports .sqb, I thought you were using that version, my bad.... My suggestion won't work for the older versions.

Then latest version is afaik v 1.0.4.11 which I use. How do I use the .sqb assuming this is the latest version ?!

thebaldgeek

thebaldgeek
The latest version is 1.0.4.12.
You need to be using that version since it added basestation.sqb support.
(It also added UTC time stamps to each message).
Note, you only need to run this version if you want to use the build in logging function of Jaero.
If you are using an external aircraft logging program, then there is no need to update.

scanningfan

The latest version is 1.0.4.12.
You need to be using that version since it added basestation.sqb support.
(It also added UTC time stamps to each message).
Note, you only need to run this version if you want to use the build in logging function of Jaero.
If you are using an external aircraft logging program, then there is no need to update.

Thanks yes looked on github after I posted and sure enough version .12 showed up, working well

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
wanted to provide a little update here. a few things I left out of my original post that are important.

first - for 10500 bps ACARS, you have to have a fairly wide BW setting. Mine is >15khz.

1632060992377.png

if you are using the Scytale-C plug in for SDR# (available here: scytalec / scytalec / Downloads — Bitbucket )

then you need to UNCHECK "AUTO TRACKING" --- I don't know if that's a nuance or what -- but my setup WILL NOT decode 10500 if auto tracking is enabled:

1632061125454.png

once this is done, Jaero will be very happy and start decoding:

1632061253315.png

Attachments

• 1632061199589.png
    1632061199589.png
    303.3 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.