Anyone using PSREDIT500 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
If you are using this Software, Could you please help me? How do I use it to split my Data up into the other scan Lists? I have 130 objects and want to split them up into 4 scanlists..
Any help would be very Appreciated..Thanks..

I also have ARC500 if that would be better, but that is just the demo.

Last edited:

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
If you are using this Software, Could you please help me? How do I use it to split my Data up into the other scan Lists? I have 130 objects and want to split them up into 4 scanlists..

I also have ARC5090 if that would be better, but that is just the demo.

PSR is the best in my opinion for functionality and use. But then again I traveled extensively and found it's ability to handle multi-site systems a tremendous benefit to me because the other ones didn't do it completely.

I would say the easiest is to simply go into the list of whatever your objects are, use the shift or control key to select your objects then right click selecting edit and pick the scan list you want for those objects then repeat as needed.

Hope that helps some.
The other way I can think of right off the top of my head is to simply select and import each set into the scanlist from the beginning. It would require 4 import actions to do so.

If you already have them in then the first I think would work.

Maybe Mike will chime in here with a better way

Last edited:

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ghstwolf62, I'll give it a try and let you know..One thing, Do I Download to the scanner first or before.? Thanks again

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ghstwolf62, I'll give it a try and let you know..One thing, Do I Download to the scanner first or before.? Thanks again

If you have the information already downloaded from RR then do whatever you need to do editing wise in the software then when you are finished editing it to where you want everything go ahead and upload to the scanner itself.

If you haven't downloaded everything from RR then you can import each set of items into a scanner list from the import screen one at a time.

Ex:
Step 1- Select Import data from RR then go through selection process to get state, county and city you want.
Once you have that go from there.

Example:
Select ORION Omaha system
Select Omaha Police and place into scanlist one and import
Repeat Step 1
Once there select ORION system again only this time select Douglas county SO and scanlist 2
Repeat step 1 selecting ORION again and select Omaha Fire/EMS and Douglas County Fire/EMS and put into scanlist 3.\
Repeat step 1 and select ORION again selecting City/County Med channels and put in scanlist 4.

You import to the program each time and in the end you end up with 4 scanlists in this case all of the ORION system with each agency you want to monitor in it's own scan list or bank so to speak.

If you have already imported everything into the system then simply edit what you want to where you want it.

JayZee705

Premium Subscriber
Everything worked fine. I hadn't imported anytinig to the scanner yet and did
had you suggested. I now have the 4 scanlists I want..Thanks so much Ghstwolf62

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I should add the import one at a time can be memory intensive if it's a large system. If it is then downloading everything you want at one time might be best then edit moving different talkgroups into different scan lists as desired.

Sorry about that

mikey60

I also have ARC500 if that would be better, but that is just the demo.

Go to the Scanlist Listing tab. Select the objects you want to place into another scan list using the Mouse. (You can select all objects by clicking on an object, and then pressing Ctrl-A. You can also select a group by clicking on the first object you want, and then press Shift and click on the las one you want. You can also select individual objects by pressing and holding the Ctrl key and then click on each object you want to select.

Once you've selected the objects you want to change, right click on one of the selected objects and select the option to change scanlists. From there you can select which scanlists you want those objects to be a part of...

Mike

mikey60

Also, after the initial import step. There's a second screen that does allow you to set the scanlists of the objects you're importing while more information is available to you. You can switch to the talkgroups tab there to set that, and the Alpha Tag before you completely import them into your configuration.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.