Anyone using SDS100 on Oahu to monitor HPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger

Any problems? Any miss calls? Some people in Florida monitoring EDACS ProVoice are getting miss calls.

I have both a SDS100 and 436, I am having the same reception with both on HFD EDACS ProVoice. I live outside the simulcast area and things are fine. I took a ride over to the windward simulcast area and reception was very bad. Not seeing any missed call issues yet.

Digger

Digger, glad to hear you are not having any miss calls problem. Ya, reception on the windard side can be a problem sometimes.

One after thought, I normally only monitor one site (Makakilo) and switched to 255 hold time, since then I do not miss transmissions.

Digger

Can you explain what you mean "switched to 255 hold time" ?

Since I only monitor 1 site, I noticed the signal bars would flicker every second. On another post it was mentioned that processes are going on in the background while scanning (switching between site). By upping my hold time from 0 or 1 to 255 the background processes only take place once every 4 plus minutes. The signal bars no longer flicker and I hold on the site with no missed transmissions. This would not work if your trying to monitor multiple sites.

RadCrazY

HPD System

Not confirmed yet. I heard that HPD will soon be switching to a digital encrypted system which will be proprietary. Not sure if any of the other public safety groups (HFD/EMS) will follow. I'm still interested in getting a SDS100 radio. I used to listen to local businesses but many of them switched to digital systems.
Are there any other active frequencies worth listening to besides PD that I can listen to on the SDS100?

cboy808

mine seems to not pick all the transmissions for HPD vs my 436. I'm running the latest beta firmware in effort to fix this but still not as good sadly.

cboy808

cboy, did you try upping the hold time from 0 to 255 that Digger mentioned in post #6 in this thread ?

I have not as I like to listen to multiple sites and by doing that I believe it would hold that channel and not move around? unless I'm wrong.

Digger

I have not as I like to listen to multiple sites and by doing that I believe it would hold that channel and not move around? unless I'm wrong.

Increasing the hold time will hold it longer on the site, it will still scan all the talk groups that are programmed in. From what I understand is the SDS100 does what they describe as housekeeping every time it switches between sites, hopefully will be fixed in future update.

Status
Not open for further replies.