Anyone using that cool password lock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
With the most recent CPU firmware, you can lock others out of your radio (or turn it off when you don't want it). Just don't forget the password, or you'll need to reload your objects.

Nice addition GRE!

tobarger

Checked out the description of the password feature on GRE's site and got confused.

The password is alpha numeric so there are many possibilities for its use. One can make the password a variable number of key presses. For example to require a keypress of "12" when the radio is powered on, set the password to: "2000". Another example is to require "2122" press on power on, set the password to: "AB00".

Does this make sense to anyone?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Checked out the description of the password feature on GRE's site and got confused.

The password is alpha numeric so there are many possibilities for its use. One can make the password a variable number of key presses. For example to require a keypress of "12" when the radio is powered on, set the password to: "2000". Another example is to require "2122" press on power on, set the password to: "AB00".

Does this make sense to anyone?

If you set the password to 2000, all you would have to type on power up would be 12. 1 selects the number prompt and 2 selects the number 2. The remaining three zeros will already be filled in thus giving you 2000.

If you set the pword to AB00, on power up you would type 2122, 2 gets you the ABC prompt, 1 selects the letter A, and then 2 to get back to the ABC prompt, and then 2 again to select the letter B. Again, The remaining two zeros will already be filled in thus giving you AB00.

Try it and it might make more sense to you when you see it :)

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
I was a bit confused too about the password thing and the added statement about locking yourself out made me very concerned about proceeding. But I was much more interested in the radioID feature so I didn't spend too much time trying to figure it out. (I hope this one doesn't backfire on GRE; I can see people locking themselves out and contacting GRE asking for a GRE "super" password or something).

rvawatch

i believe they said you could initialize your scanner and reset the password.

also..wouldnt it have made more sense to type letters the same way you normally type them in the scanner? i havent played with the pword feature so i could be wrong.

scannerfreak

Database Admin

also..wouldnt it have made more sense to type letters the same way you normally type them in the scanner? i havent played with the pword feature so i could be wrong.

Yes, worst case scenario is a 0-1 reset. The password is alpha-numeric offering many more combinations than just numeric and uses the same style as programming.

mikey60

You enter the password the same way you enter alpha tags via the keypad. It's a 4 character password.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.