Anyone who can give me pointers....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently dusted off my RS PRO-95 after moving to Richmond, VA and am trying to set it up for the localities here. I've reset the unit, and programmed in the frequencies here but after thirty minutes there was no traffic (I was at the VRS and we definitely had traffic over the radios). So I presume I did something wrong.

Anyone here possibly have ideas for where my setup may have gone sideways.

Thanks in advance

kc4jgc

The Pro-95 is an analog only scanner; you won't be able to monitor much as just about everything public safety in the region is in P-25 phase 1 or phase 2 digital. Local law enforcement is encrypted. Fire and EMS is in the clear. State Police is in the clear on the STARS system.

In short, you need a digital capable scanner.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Is/are there certain agency(ies) you’re trying to monitor? There are still a handful of dispatch simulcasts you could monitor, but as stated above, a digital scanner is your best bet for the RVA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardsuit

Vrigo Super Cluster, Milky Way Galaxy, Sagatarious
UncleTravelingMatt - pro-95 is a Analog ONLY General Coverage Scanner. Its fine for AM-FM radio, VHF Air, Marine, VHF/UHF Highway Patrol, but not much else, its also missing the 700 Mhz Public Safety band and it cant receive Digital Simplex or Digital Trunking that public safety uses today. most Public Safety has gone to P25 Phase I or II. and they may or may not use Simulcast.
I would keep the Pro-95 around for General Info like weather , AIR, MARINE bands.
but I would invest in a Digital Capable scanner from Whistler like the WS 1080.

I can't figure out how to direct message you on the new forums. Please contact me I may be able to help. markdrobinson at mac . com

He's still a new member so no PM.

For PM to a member, click the name and "Start Conversation".

Status
Not open for further replies.