Anyone With A JRC NRD 545 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

Trying to get my JRC NRD 545 going again.
Been quite a while now.

What software, if any, do you folks use to "control" it ?
Would like to do from PC, if possible.

Software still available ? Where ?
etc.

Thanks,
Bob

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Actually going through the links in the HF section I found a number of packages that support the 545 - now whether they're still being supported for Win7 / 8 is quite another matter, but here we go...

Ergo Software Home

frequency manager

Mscan Meteo - Receive FAX + NAVTEX + RTTY + GRIB in a single program!

NRD545 Software Application

Homebase of RxWings

Bonito RadioCom 6 -- Premium Multimode En- & Decoder Software for: Weatherfax, SatFax, RTTY, SSTV, PSK31, Sitor, SDR Integration, Perseus, Excalibur, DRM, radio control, plus SubDecoder as well as TX Encoder

MacLoggerDX Ham Radio Logging Software for Macintosh

TRX-Manager

If it were me, I'd go to the NRD-545 Yahoo group and see what I could dig up out of the links and forum - it's not particularly busy but it's a place to start...

NRD-545 Yahoo Group

I *THINK* that the NRDs used a null modem type connection - which might be something of a trick with the USB converters. I could very easily be wrong - I've never had the pleasure of owning one of these (and you'd have to pry it from my cold hands before letting it go...)

Oh yes, I forgot - I wouldn't doubt that some NASWA and/or ODXA members have this radio - and there's dedicated Yahoo groups for each

HTH...Mike

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Trying to get my JRC NRD 545 going again. Been quite a while now.
Bob, I'll be happy to help you do that. Just send it to me! :D

One radio I always loved... kind of like the Mercedes of SW receivers...

BOBRR

Premium Subscriber
From OP:

Hi Guys,

Just a quick thanks for all the help and leads. Much appreciated.
Lots of fun playing with it again.

Have also a WinRadio Excalibur, and I guess this dates me, but I am old enough to believe that a radio should have knobs; lots of knobs !

Regards, and thanks again,
Bob

SCPD

QRT
Have also a WinRadio Excalibur, and I guess this dates me, but I am old enough to believe that a radio should have knobs; lots of knobs !
Yes, I have the Perseus SDR and it's hard for me to go near a manual radio these days. I just feel like I'm handicapped without the SDR. :D

BTW, you may or may not know this but you should use the Excalibur Pro software with your G31. From what I've heard, it's a no brainer.

I think if you search the SDR forum on RR you'll find the thread on this...

Status
Not open for further replies.