Anything Interesting in Cook County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I know there is some one in Cook County who can recommend some interesting systems to listen to.

I have the Police and Fire; I am looking for anything else you may recommend. I tried Com-Ed; Nothing. I tried United Airlines; Nothing.

I am just looking for some fun stuff to monitor. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I have Chicago Police and fire. I am looking for the "other" stuff besides all police and fire. As I said above, I tried picking up Com-Ed and United, but no luck; it scans okay, just no traffic.

There must be something fun/Interesting in Cook County; the politicians are not!

Greg

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Cook County

Thanks. I have Chicago Police and fire. I am looking for the "other" stuff besides all police and fire. As I said above, I tried picking up Com-Ed and United, but no luck; it scans okay, just no traffic.

There must be something fun/Interesting in Cook County; the politicians are not!

Greg

Yes, there are many things to hear within Cook county; however, you can forget listening to Cook SO due to heavy encryption. But, there are other LE agencies in the clear.

If you own a digital scanner, you might want to monitor ISP on the statewide system. If you do not own a Phase II digital scanner, you won't be hearing all of the talk groups (channels) on this system. The "T" designator in the mode column means TDMA or Phase II. STARCOM21 Statewide Illinois P25 Trunking System, Statewide, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Guys. I monitor the Starcom21 ISP; they are never quiet. Very busy. I also enjoy the IDOT / Tollway traffic; they too are very busy, especially, of course, during bad weather.

Has anyone been able to get such things as United, Com-Ed, Fed Ex, etc? I am still looking for systems to use in my Pro 106. I save my 436 for the serious stuff, and would like to use the Pro 106 just for fun.

Thanks again. Greg

greggk

Premium Subscriber
I knew about Com Ed, but don't understand why they needed to be encrypted.

Greg

chgomonitor

Silent Key
153.8300 Fireground Red
119.9000 (AM) Chicago Executive Tower
123.0250 (AM) Chicago Copter Common Route Traffic Advisory Frequency
155.0850 (186.2) Buffalo Grove PW/PD
155.1150 (107.2) Prospect Heights PW/PD Tac

Status
Not open for further replies.