Anything to hear in Thornton area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Wife and I going on vacation up to the Thornton NH area in 3 weeks. Will be staying between Thornton and Campton. Deciding if I will bring scanner with me. Not sure what reception will be due to mountainous terrain. From Rhode Island. We've vacationed up there for the last 10 years. Never brought a scanner though. I looked on here in database and the Lakes Region and Twin State fire systems might have frequencies I can pick up. I will be using a Radio Shack Pro 2055 with telescoping whip. Might be lucky and only hear Dunkin Donuts drive thru with that set up. But anyway I thought I would ask on here to see if its worth the bother. Will be using scanner in cabin, not mobile.

tvengr

Well Known Member
There is plenty to monitor. With the Pro-2055, you will be able to monitor the analog frequencies only. Any of the frequencies with P25 in the Mode column, you will not be able to monitor with the 2055. If you bring a digital scanner with P25 Phase 1 capability, you will be able to monitor the P25 frequencies. Here is the link to Grafton County: Grafton County, New Hampshire (NH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference You will need a digital scanner to monitor law enforcement in Thornton.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
There is plenty to monitor. With the Pro-2055, you will be able to monitor the analog frequencies only. Any of the frequencies with P25 in the Mode column, you will not be able to monitor with the 2055. If you bring a digital scanner with P25 Phase 1 capability, you will be able to monitor the P25 frequencies. Here is the link to Grafton County: Grafton County, New Hampshire (NH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
OK Cool....thats good to know. I would bring one of my P25 scanners but they are all rack mounted in my shack. Analog is fine. Just not sure if telescoping whip is gonna be useful, but thats all I have. I will program radio before we leave. Thanks for help.

jmarcel66

Feed Provider
For Fire and Forest Service, the analog works fine. Law Enforcement is P25.
159.9000 / PL 210.7 - Lakes Region Mutual Aid (several fireground channels if its nearby)
154.4000 / PL 136.5 - Twin State Mutual Aid (Also additional Fireground Channels)
171.5250 / No PL* - White Mountain National Forest. *They have several repeaters w/various PL's or No PL.
154.0550 / PL 141.3 - Lincoln Fire (should you venture into Lincoln)
463.9500 / PL 107.2 - Appalachian Mountain Club Mt Washington
461.5000 / PL 127.3 - Appalachian Mountain Club Cannon Mountain

That's a few. I'm sure there's more business out there. Depending on where you stay, they may use radios too.

John Marcel,
Penacook, NH

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
For Fire and Forest Service, the analog works fine. Law Enforcement is P25.
159.9000 / PL 210.7 - Lakes Region Mutual Aid (several fireground channels if its nearby)
154.4000 / PL 136.5 - Twin State Mutual Aid (Also additional Fireground Channels)
171.5250 / No PL* - White Mountain National Forest. *They have several repeaters w/various PL's or No PL.
154.0550 / PL 141.3 - Lincoln Fire (should you venture into Lincoln)
463.9500 / PL 107.2 - Appalachian Mountain Club Mt Washington
461.5000 / PL 127.3 - Appalachian Mountain Club Cannon Mountain

That's a few. I'm sure there's more business out there. Depending on where you stay, they may use radios too.

John Marcel,
Penacook, NH
Thank you! I am sure we'll probably get one or two rainy days and I can spend time playing with the radio.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.