Pro-96: Anything to help reduce Pro-96 Chirpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasubinski

Premium Subscriber
Good day.

The scanner is about 80% good and about 20% chirpy. I loaded reband table with little improvement. Is there anything I can do or is it time for a new scanner? I would still like to hold on to the Pro-96. Pro-96 had a great run for me. Bought it when it first came out.

So, first looking for recommendations to modify the Pro-96 to improve chirpy transmissions. Second, new handheld scanner recommendations.

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:

marksmith

Since the 96 is not capable of 700mz I would suggest an upgrade.

I also have a pro-96, still running 24/7 on a local Motorola trunking system with flawless operation, but it lacks much of what is needed for P25 or other modern systems reception.

One of the great radios and still a workhorse if applied to specific operations, it is no longer a good multiple system receiver for modern public service systems.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

dste

Good day.

The scanner is about 80% good and about 20% chirpy.

The only good thing to do is run at the best DSP firmware level for you. I run at 1.4. Certain areas claim better performance at some other level but I have never confirmed this. Many things can reset you back to the DSP level the factory gave you so it is always worth the re-check.

----------------------

Verifying the firmware version
You can verify the version of DSP firmware currently active in the PRO-96 by pressing the 3 key during the
“Welcome” screen. The scanner will display firmware versions for three separate firmware elements.
The second version, “DSP APP”, is the only element that is upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.