Anything to speed up the scanning on a 346xt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmundal

Just bought this scanner because of its ability to store so many frequencies, and I like it, but when I have it side by side with my PSR300, the GRE picks up most transmissions before the BC. The BC tends to miss more start and ends of transmissions than the GRE. I set the hold time to 0. I like the size and everything, but its really annoying to miss bits and pieces that the other scanner is picking up just fine.

While running my little 'test' both scanners are scanning one trunked system with 8 talkgroups, and one conventional system with five channels.

cpuerror

If you set the HOLD time to zero on a trunked system you might miss some calls. It needs a couple of seconds to monitor the control channel and see if there is anyone talking. I recommend 2 seconds.

Bucko

If you set the HOLD time to zero on a trunked system you might miss some calls. It needs a couple of seconds to monitor the control channel and see if there is anyone talking. I recommend 2 seconds.

Each to their own preference but I have no problem missing calls here (is comparable to my GRE scanners). I monitor the MARCS and WvIRP systems on 3 different Unidens and this setting works fine for at least for my setup. I do use a 2 to 3 sec delay to hold the TG for replies.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Hold time = 0 means it runs through the list of active channels and moves on when it gets a "all done" message from the system. So you will not miss calls that way.

CStarr59

I have a 346xt and a psr-300 and i've noticed the same situation. The 300 picks up quicker and seems to scan slightly quicker. Both radios have the same exact programming and antenna's just to be fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.