• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone 878 5 tone decode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrak

I've been able to get the radio to encode/decode DTMF and 2 tone, but have had no luck with decoding 5 tone. I'm not sure the radio can decode 5 tone, has anyone been able to get 5 tone decoding to work?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I'm not sure the radio can decode 5 tone, has anyone been able to get 5 tone decoding to work?
If you look in the 5 Tone section of the CPS, you will see settings that relate to both ENCODE and DECODE. As an experiment (some time ago), I was able to set up one radio for encode and one for decode successfully, but I recall that it took me a while to figure out what many of the settings were about. IIRC, you could set up many encode addresses, but any given radio would only respond to its programmed self-ID address.

Astrak

OK, I was hoping there was a way for the radio to display decoded 5 tone kind of like using 5 tone as a radio ID.

Astrak

The 878 can probably do what you're looking for in digital mode. Selective call, discrete "channels" and/or display of other radio ID are DMR basics.
I know it can in DMR, I was just playing around with the analog signaling options to see if it would display a PTT ID like it does for DTMF. Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though the radio will.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I was just playing around with the analog signaling options to see if it would display a PTT ID like it does for DTMF. Unfortunately it doesn't appear as though the radio will.
A firmware update was just recently released for the 878 and several 5-tone-related items were noted (see below)... special attention to number 7:

D878UV firmware update V1.20P (dated 2020-09-08) Change List
1. Improve the issue that radio will grab a TG when the repeater is in Call Hold Off time.
2. Improve the issue that “GPS information doesn’t display with using a programmed “GPS info” key when only analog channels are in use”.
3. Resolve the issue that “The channels program as "Simplex" and "Dual Slot", save the codeplug or program into radio, the setting will become “Repeater” after re-open the saved codeplug or read from radio.”
4. Improve the issue that “By receiving Dmr in Simplex and Double Slot mode, several times the demodulated audio of first word is missing”.
5. CPS->Channel -> Analog, R5toneBot, R5tone Eot, allows to set different 5Tone PTT ID for each channel.
6. Resolve the issue that “By composing a 5 tone using Manual Dial (Book, Manual Dial, typing Input ID and pressing PTT, the "stop code" defined in 5 tone setting is not considered as silence (stop code and stop time) but as a tone”.
7. When 5Tone -> Beep Tone & Respond are enabled, the radio will respond with itself ID.
8. CPS->Key function, add APRS send to the key function. The radio will transmit the APRS information (longitude, latitude,etc..) to the receiver when user press the “APRS send” key.
9. Improve the issue that digital monitor displays wrong time slot.
10. Improve the issue that “Keeping the sub band enabled, reception on the Main band is often lost or is very delayed”.
11. Improve the issue that “After decoding a 5-tone call in repeater mode, the 5-tone response is sent only after the repeater has dropped out”.
12. Improve the issue that “By configuring the 5 tones selective call for different call types, starting from when the RF carrier is on pushing PTT, the timing of the beginning of 5 tones sequence does not correspond to the summation of pauses configured in 5 tone setting windows in the CPS. Unexpected delay is also present using DTMF and 2 tone”
13. CPS->Channel ->TDMA adaptive rename to Slot suit.
14. CPS-> Hot key, add the "Channel Set" hot-key choice that is on the 578, to the 878
15. CPS->Digital -> Talk Groups, allows the entry of talk group numbers maximum 16777215

Astrak

It still doesn't display a decoded radio ID unfortunately. I do like that they added a symbol that shows whether or not encryption is on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.