Anytone 878 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I been using my 878 with an openspot3 for over a year without issues. recently i added a few channels to directly access some local DMR repeaters and it also works well. At the same time i enabled promiscuous mode.

Now i have a problem when using the hotspot. When i look on the hotspot dashboard i see the callsign, name and DMR ID of the person transmitting along with the TG number. That info used to be shown on the 878 display but now all i can see on the radio is the DMR ID of the person transmitting.

I have turned off promiscuous mode but the problem remains. I have reset the radio and reloaded my configuration but again the problem is still there. The hotspot configuration has not changed (at least not to my knowledge) so i suppose that the problem is somewhere in my configuration file but i have no idea what it might be.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
De VA2FCS

W6VVM

I own an 878 but haven't done much with it. Just throwing it out there, you sure your contacts list didn't somehow get cleared? I'm guessing that's the behavior you'd see (displaying DMR ID) if the list was empty, or not up to date and only new users happened to be transmitting at that time.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
I own an 878 but haven't done much with it. Just throwing it out there, you sure your contacts list didn't somehow get cleared? I'm guessing that's the behavior you'd see (displaying DMR ID) if the list was empty, or not up to date and only new users happened to be transmitting at that time.

Good point, but the contact list is there. I checked one of the transmission in the hotspot log and the info match with the contact info in the radio.

jazzboypro

Premium Subscriber
You no what, you got me thinking, after upgrading the firmware and resetting the radio a few times i was making a mistake when reloading the the configuration file. When you reload the file it asks if you want to reload the data only or if you also want to reload the contact list. I was choosing data only so everything was in the radio except the contact list which explains the problem. I'm reloading my config file again including the contact list and see if it solves the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.