• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AnyTone 878 Software How To Add Ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
In the COM port window, I only get the ports already in use by ProScan. How do I search for or add a port to the COM list? Keep getting connection errors. Not able to upload codeplug to the radio. Any help appreciated - thanks

K4EET

Chaplain
Usually you have to install a driver first to get the COM port to appear. IIRC, AnyTone is no different. Did you purchase that from BridgeCom Systems? If so, they have great tech support. 73, Dave K4EET

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
In the COM port window, I only get the ports already in use by ProScan. How do I search for or add a port to the COM list?
First, remember that the radio must be connected and powered-up in order to see the com port, since the com device is in the radio itself - not the cable.

In most cases, if using Windows, it is not necessary to add the AnyTone driver. Just connect the radio and let Windows recognize it. If you've already added a driver, delete it in Device Manager. then reboot, then connect the radio.

In my Device Manager, the default Windows driver is listed as "USB Serial Device". Before reading from or writing to the radio, the correct com port must be set in the CPS (use the SET tab). The last port in the pick list is usually the correct one.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the radio isn't turned on and plugged in, the com port isn't going to show up. In most cases, you don't need to install a driver, Windows will install a usable driver automatically.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
This is giving me a headache tonight. I installed what it said was a driver but it installed an older version of CPS instead. When I uninstalled that all of the data I imported into the newer version (1.21) disappeared. Try again tomorrow. Time for WRMI and Blues International shortwave program. :)

K4EET

Chaplain
This is giving me a headache tonight. I installed what it said was a driver but it installed an older version of CPS instead. When I uninstalled that all of the data I imported into the newer version (1.21) disappeared.
Oh no! :oops: That's not good!
Try again tomorrow. Time for WRMI and Blues International shortwave program. :)
Now that's a plan! Remember, the file size of a driver install will be fairly small as compared to a CPS install. What is the URL that you are pulling this from? 73, Dave K4EET

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
AnyTone CPS versions share components, so if you uninstall an old version, it uninstalls the common components, and you have to reinstall the newest version. Their hardware is good, especially for the price, but their software and firmware need work.

PACNWDude

+1 on getting DMR amateur equipment from Bridgecomm systems, due to their customer support and "university" tutorial videos. My only grips is that after programming hundreds of Motorola XPR6xxx/7xxxe radios, I now get hounded for only completing 4% of the "university" tutorials. The Anytone AT-D878UV is a great radio for amateur use, the hardware is well made, but as mentioned the firmware and CPS is still a little flakey. Getting the radio to work in the 220 MHz range is not really worth it as well. Stick with VHF/UHF and the software works much better with the hardware.
Windows 7 and Windows 10 had the com port come right up after driver installation, as COM7. As other have stated, let it load itself from the Internet if possible. The driver is Firmware specific as well. So, you may have to search by the firmware in your radio, for the appropriate driver for your Windows version.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Been too busy to get back into it here lately. I plan to sit down with it this weekend. Maybe I should uninstall everything and just start from scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.