• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone 878 Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

relay

Premium Subscriber
New Bee here with brand new Anytone 878UV + with new laptop with Windows 10. I can't read or get into the radio.
Laptop on, Anytone cable from radio to USB on computer. Then turn on radio. I go to Device manager and it says ComPort3 is working properly. How do I read the radio ? What am I missing ? I'm not trying to update firmware, just want to see what's in it. Purchased from Bridgecom Systems with the plug & play package installed.

Thanks, KC0AU

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber

wowologist

Certifiable
I don't have any Anytones, (I use retevis,TYT) but it *might* use the bulk in USB driver that is embedded into the radio and not the cable. Which means to force w10 to find the radio you need to put the radio into programming mode and then plug it into a port, wait for the driver to install then remove it, restart w10 and then reconnect the radio to the same USB port. Make note of the USB device port assigned in w10 device manager, it might be needed to be entered into a drop down/selection box in the CPS.

Louie1961

You get support from Bridgecom included in the price of the radio. Have you contacted them or checked out their videos?

relay

Premium Subscriber
You get support from Bridgecom included in the price of the radio. Have you contacted them or checked out their videos?

I've seen some of their videos. Left a voice mail 6 days ago and NO response . Their videos say just to verify the com port, click on it. The next video shows the screen with the radio information. ( did not work for me )

I actually tried a second windows 10 computer, but exactly the same results. I will try the above suggestion.

KC0AU

relay

Premium Subscriber
Computer sees USB Serial Device on Com 3. Status: divide is working properly. Just can't read the radio.

KC0AU

RBMTS

Basic questions. Did you install v1.21 CPS? Did you reboot the PC after the install? Did you select the COM port in the CPS and push “Ok”? Did you push read button on the CPS after you selected the COM port?

One suggestion - don’t put the D878 into the firmware upgrade mode to read the codeplug. That threw me off at first. Just power up and read it after you select the COM port. You don’t mention these steps so just making sure. If that ends up working, save your codeplug. You’ll then want to update the firmware.

Don’t fret. It took me a while and I’m good with drivers. It started working all of a sudden.

Hit_Factor

On Win10, no need to install a driver, on my system it's using the generic USB driver from MS.

In the CPS you need to go to the 'set' menu at the top, click 'set com', then select com 3, then OK.

Now try reading your radio.

If that doesn't work, open device manager, then com ports, unplug and plug in the 878, are you sure that com 3 disappeared, then reappeared? If it's a different com port, repeat instructions above with new port number.

wowologist

Certifiable
"One suggestion - don’t put the D878 into the firmware upgrade mode to read the codeplug. That threw me off at first. Just power up and read it after you select the COM port. You don’t mention these steps so just making sure. If that ends up working, save your codeplug. You’ll then want to update the firmware.

Don’t fret. It took me a while and I’m good with drivers. It started working all of a sudden.
[/QUOTE]

Ya if these are anything like the TYT, I forgot to mention that step in my post above. You actually turn the radio off, plug the radio into the USB, then start the CPS, then turn the radio on NOT in firmware mode. (after it (w10) has discovered and assigned the com prt in the previous steps) and then just select read radio and like was stated..save that one as the default/factory config.

relay

Premium Subscriber
I'll try these suggestions tomorrow. I need some time to get over my software / download headache. What puzzles me is that I paid extra to Bridgecom to program my radio. ( plug & play package )
I'm assuming the CPS was part of the plug & play package. ( assume CPS is installed into radio )

I'm not happy with Bridgecom. I left a voice mail 6 days ago with questions, but NO call or email back. So much for "good" customer service.

Should the CPS be in the radio that I bought from Bridgecom ?

Kc0AU

sallen07

Premium Subscriber
I'm assuming the CPS was part of the plug & play package. ( assume CPS is installed into radio )

Should the CPS be in the radio that I bought from Bridgecom ?

No. The CPS is software you install on a Windows PC to program your radio. That is undoubtably how Bridgecom programmed it (as opposed to doing it by hand).

If you haven't downloaded and installed the software, that explains why you can't see the codeplug ... you use the CPS to download it!

Hit_Factor

Oh boy, you really are at the beginning. We'll get you through it. I have no idea what the plug and play package is, other than what you said.

Here is the CPS (from Bridecom site): AT-D878UV CPS and Firmware V1.21

Here is the page it came from - if you need that info: AnyTone 878/878 Plus CPS, Firmware, and Driver Downloads

Go ahead and download, then install this software. Read your radio, save the codeplug.

So, what is your goal right now?

Hit_Factor

From the OP post he was expecting to buy a turn key radio ready to go out of the box.
Whatever that is... we'll find out soon enough.

I think there may have been a failure to communicate.

I just bought one of theses 878s, nice little radio. Have it programmed for all sorts of stuff, amateur radio (analog, DMR, APRS), Pi-Star hotspot, and lots more.

4000 channel memories and it holds the complete DMR contact list with plenty of headroom.

Hit_Factor

Are they as touchy about windows 10 as the TYT 380's I use for DMR Amature? I have both U and V 380's.
How do you mean touchy? The 380 is a pile of hot steaming garbage. I'm pretty sure the USB cable used fake FTDI chips, everything about it is junk. Can't blame windows for how it reacted to that sh11t.

I have had no problems whatsoever with the AT-D878UV Plus. Definitely not the same quality as the Hytera PD782s I had. Easier to use than Hytera.

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Computer sees USB Serial Device on Com 3. Status: divide is working properly. Just can't read the radio.

KC0AU
Its two parts... First using Device manager to see what com part the 'puter has assigned to your radio connection. You have already done that. In the CPS program you have to tell the program the com port number. It will not find it on its own.
Good Luck!

Hit_Factor

I took one apart, just to see how bad it was on the inside. Then threw it away instead of reassembling. The other 2 I gave to Mom, her living facility uses DMR, so I programmed those to listen in. She gave one to one of her friends, now they know all the scoop on what's going on around the site. They don't notice missed transmissions or motorboating, it's all magic to them. They think they are doing something illegal and try to hide the HTs. I programmed these on Win10, last time was March 2020, you don't have to use XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.